Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

arm damaged

Reaction score
Hello everyone

my inspire 1 arm damaged .anyones know where it available?
please send the link

thanks

Attachments

• inspire 1.jpg
    inspire 1.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 113
I can't post the link for some reason. Do a search on ebay "inspire1 landing" and it should show up. They wanted $900 for complete left side assembly with motors. Pretty spendy for what you need but only thing I could find

Some folks are buying new Inspires and breaking them up for spares. You may find something on eBay but it's not a straightforward fix. DJI use a jig to make sure the motors are offset at the correct angle. There's some pretty delicate soldering to be done too. Good luck man. They always break there.

What would a repair like that cost sent door to door Dji route?

Do they rape you on repairs?

My Inspire 1 has a broken arm in the exact spot yours does, although not as bad. DJI in California has it for repairs, waiting to see how much its going to cost. They have it in the repair queue but I still don't know how long it's to be. As soon as I know I'll relay that info.

My Inspire 1 has a broken arm in the exact spot yours does, although not as bad. DJI in California has it for repairs, waiting to see how much its going to cost. They have it in the repair queue but I still don't know how long it's to be. As soon as I know I'll relay that info.

Thanks. Interesting how they control all the repairs. I think I'll be flying my phantom 3 more than I thought.

Thanks. Interesting how they control all the repairs. I think I'll be flying my phantom 3 more than I thought.
Seeing how much money I have spent on the Inspire 1, it just seemed prudent to have them fix it. I know it has a warranty on it, but I am 50/50 as to whether it will cover the repairs.

Send it to Dji mate. Get it done right.
They'll also warranty their repairs.
I second this, my warranty actually covered the repairs. It will take awhile for it to get repaired through DJI but it's definitely worth the wait seeing how I don't have to pay anything.

Yea I have the exact same break. So much for the strength of carbon fibre... The dude on eBay is a ripoff too, wants $400 + shipping for the individual arm. I'm very reluctantly going to be shipping my Inspire to LA.

How hard are you guys hitting these arms to make them break? Hope these are not suffering from stress fractures or were all doomed!

I have just brought an arm off the guy on eBay, $380us + $12 shipping.
I had a crash and was entirely my fault but can't affort the down time to wait for a Dji repair (6 weeks + 4 days freight either way)
I am in Canada so freight was $100 each way and I figured Dji would be $400-500 to fix so that makes near on $700. At $380 and 5 days wait for my new arm to get here it's a no brainier for me. As for soldering, there is 2 joints on each antenna so a total of 4 joints to unsolder and resolder, everything else is plugs.

I have just brought an arm off the guy on eBay, $380us + $12 shipping.
I had a crash and was entirely my fault but can't affort the down time to wait for a Dji repair (6 weeks + 4 days freight either way)
I am in Canada so freight was $100 each way and I figured Dji would be $400-500 to fix so that makes near on $700. At $380 and 5 days wait for my new arm to get here it's a no brainier for me. As for soldering, there is 2 joints on each antenna so a total of 4 joints to unsolder and resolder, everything else is plugs.
Would you be willing to document on how you will be doing your repairs? Just an idea for us that might want to go this route in the future.

So only DJI can repair the Inspire 1? I wonder if UAV Direct can repair for a cost or under warranty since according to their website they are recognized as an official DJI UAV drone repair facility??

So only DJI can repair the Inspire 1? I wonder if UAV Direct can repair for a cost or under warranty since according to their website they are recognized as an official DJI UAV drone repair facility??
That's a good question, I'll email them to see if the warranty would pay for it. Mine is finally on its way home but, god forbid, if it should be damaged again it would be great to have another option available.

EDIT: Just heard back from them, DJI California is the only place to have repairs covered under warranty.

Last edited:
Reactions: sirnikolas

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop