Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Automatic Battery Heating

Reaction score
Silly little island off west coast of Europe
Had a break in the weather yesterday long enough to have a quick flight. Brought the I2 out of the house, did the pre-flight, powered up for take off and got a warning that the battery temp was below 15C, so held take-off for about a minute to let the batts warm up - then noticed the DJI Go battery icon looked unfamiliar. It had changed from green to yellow and had two vertical wavy lines displaying - presumably the battery's internal heaters had kicked in. Took a quick screen shot to share (can't find anything in the I2 manual or DJIGo info about it). So, if your battery icon changes too, that's probably whats happening ;)

battery-heat-icon.png

Couple of other observations...
- 91% was start-up power level, (ie heater hadn't drained it from 100%! ;) )
- didn't notice any other effects on flight or flight time.
- no explicit warning was given that heater was activating or de-activating.
- healthydrones isn't reading the battery info from the I2 log at the minute, so I'm not able to see how quickly the batteries warmed up.)

Reactions: MrTVR
Good news I did see the I2 balancing the charge on the paired batteries. I had earlier been using just one in slot A to check all was okay and update my maps, set camera etc. The charge on slot A was about 5% different to the B slot when i inserted. I noticed that the I2 started to use the B slot first whilst is was doing my dance for calibration of compass so when it was time to take off both had got to the same levels. I'm still breaking in the battery pairs with only 4 charges each so far.
I also noticed if you insert all 4 batteries in the hub it charges the paired batteries at the same time and even if one gets to full status before the other it wont move on to the next battery until its pair is also full.

Reactions: ARF
When you are charging 2 pair in the hub at one time, does it matter which ports they are plugged into? For example.. do the pairs need to be next to each other or straight across from each other?

Freezing/cold again today, battery preheat kicked in again at take-off, & that's despite bringing the batteries straight a warm house. I think the batteries must lose their base heat/chill off quite quickly if they're not powered up - certainly they seem to chill far more quickly than the Phantom 4 batts do - guess the I2's are exposed whereas the P4's are held snug inside the aircraft. Might have to pop the insulation stickers on :D

Freezing/cold again today, battery preheat kicked in again at take-off, & that's despite bringing the batteries straight a warm house. I think the batteries must lose their base heat/chill off quite quickly if they're not powered up - certainly they seem to chill far more quickly than the Phantom 4 batts do - guess the I2's are exposed whereas the P4's are held snug inside the aircraft. Might have to pop the insulation stickers on :D
Might have to cut your battery holes bigger in the case there tight without them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu