Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autonomous Flight

Reaction score
In the DJI video on the controller she shows going into map mode and drawing your route on the map and then she hits auto takeoff to fly the route and auto land to come back from the route. I can't find anything written about flying this way in the manual. How high does it fly around the route and how is that set etc. Has anyone done this and what should I be watching out for.

In the DJI video on the controller she shows going into map mode and drawing your route on the map and then she hits auto takeoff to fly the route and auto land to come back from the route. I can't find anything written about flying this way in the manual. How high does it fly around the route and how is that set etc. Has anyone done this and what should I be watching out for.
It doesn't - It does not exist.

The line drawing tool on the map is just that - It draws lines!

My understanding is it is something they are working on but haven't released yet. You can draw within the app now and I use this as visual reference on the map page for obstacles and to practice holding routes when flying.

The line drawing tool is handy if you wish to mark out a route that you would like to fly. So you would draw the route on the map and follow it and then use the RTH line to return to home.

My understanding is it is something they are working on but haven't released yet. You can draw within the app now and I use this as visual reference on the map page for obstacles and to practice holding routes when flying.

Its pretty bad that they have it in there own videos and they act likes it works. Is it something they will be adding and its just not ready or should we not hold our breath. That is one of the reasons I got this. There was 10 more reasons but that was one

That is one of the reasons I got this.
As many others.:mad:You just have to wait I guess

I'm using The Litchi App for Autonomous Flight.
Very pleased with the app. It allows for up to 15 actions for each waypoint.
DJI's Waypoint or GS App is bothersome to me. You have to fly the mission first. Then the autonomous flight takes place. Very restricted. I can understand this though, especially if your flying in urban areas. They just want to make sure your safe and reduce the likelihood of crashing your drone. I like to fly along massive coastlines. I need the unrestricted and "out of range flight options" to be able to achieve my missions and the Litchi App is a superb app. Very pleased with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters