Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot crashes on start up

Reaction score
I've been using autopilot with my i1 and iPhone 7 plus for a year or so now. No complaints whatsoever. Today, autopilot worked as normal for a battery or two. Then it started crashing, I open the app and it closes after a few seconds. It will still be in the background, but every time I pull it up it crashes back to the home screen. I restarted the phone, did a hard restart, tried a buddy's iPhone 6 Plus and same thing.

Odd part is, if I don't connect to the radio, it won't crash. Moments after I plug in the radio, it crashes back to the home screen.

Litchi still works, but not like autopilot

Reactions: Jahstys
Have seen that happen on a few different occasions. Removing the app, restarting the iPad, and the reinstalling Autopilot has always fixed the issue.

Also, have had Autopilot crash in the midst of planning and modifying missions, always save your mission in progress every so often and sync to the cloud!

Yea, I uninstalled and reinstalled just after I posted. It still shuts down if camera installed and radio is connected. Otherwise the app starts fine. I also booted up my back up inspire with its own dedicated wires and radio, same problem.

I went through the app when I was disconnected from the radio and found support, so I applied for a "ticket" and described my issue. I'll be really surprised if it gets fixed quickly.

Are you sure it was Autopilot that crashed and not the RC unit losing the radio link? Mine lost the RC link which led to GO 4 showing "Disconnected" and the screen going dark until I rebooted the RC unit. I noticed the green LED went dark too when it happened, but all the other white ones remained on, and I would have thought the red LED would have shown when it occurred but it was just dark.

Some bad mo-jo going on with the radio link I fear. Dunno.

Drone wise, everything is functioning normally. I just can't get the app to open without crashing. Litchi and dji go works fine. Although litchi doesn't perform as well as autopilot usually does. Got a full work day today. Will keep y'all updated on any changes

Another thing I tried was downloading the latest beta test version of autopilot with no success.

Starting to get more familiar with litchi, it's not as bad as it seemed at first. It's getting the job done. It does have convenient features that autopilot doesn't have. I don't like the voice at all that comes with it lol

On Wednesday and Thursday I was having the exact same issues as you were having. It started out working fine for the first few batteries, and then the app crashed during a flight. The bird just stopped ( Thank God ) the app was running in the background. Brought the bird back home. Then the app would not continue to run. Run for about 5 seconds and crashes.

The problem seems to have been fixed today. There is a message on the AutoPilot site this morning.

"We recently discovered an issue that may cause Autopilot to unexpectedly terminate when connecting to an aircraft. If the condition persists on your device, it is possible to resolve the issue by reinstalling the app.
Last Update: Aug 11, 2017 12:20:39 AM UTC"

The problem seems to have been fixed today. There is a message on the AutoPilot site this morning.

"We recently discovered an issue that may cause Autopilot to unexpectedly terminate when connecting to an aircraft. If the condition persists on your device, it is possible to resolve the issue by reinstalling the app.
Last Update: Aug 11, 2017 12:20:39 AM UTC"

Good to hear. Have not been having this issue recently but enjoy that Autopilot/Hangar are still on top of their updates and support. Safe flying! ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephaineL