Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Avegant Glyph

Hey sirnikolas. .
are those the new 3d goggles that are coming out soon? ?
Turbo. .
G'day turbo! The last few days I've been speaking with one of the guys from Avegant and they're currently working with Dji to incorporate head tracking with the I1's cam. They're forecasting it to be released towards the end of the year.
I've pre-ordered! Jump on board! http://avegant.com/
Here's an in depth explanation of the Avegant Glyph.

I guess we'll just have to take your word for it then :)
SekC lady was in reference to the I1 >.<

Ya, everybody will want one, but in the fall of this year... whoaa... it will be old hat by the time it is available...
my 2 cents!

I guessed that bit lol. It was referring to the flight...it could have been taken with anything by anybody. Taking your word for it that it was Eric that flew it and was using this kit. Its just a plain video! :)
I agree and you may be right as Eric hasn't stated that it is him flying the I1. But I know one thing is for sure, it's been posted on Eric's youtube channel and you can clearly see that the pilot is wearing the Glyphs. Now whether it's Eric or not I don't know for sure.
Ya, everybody will want one, but in the fall of this year... whoaa... it will be old hat by the time it is available...
my 2 cents!
They're still working on it so it'll still be new tech by the time of its release.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
That's one thing I would want to try before I buy. Been disappointed way too many time by video goggles, it is the one product where the specs often mean about nothing towards the actual experience.

They're still working on it so it'll still be new tech by the time of its release.
"New tech" doesn't necessarily mean "better", often far from it actually as a couple of product cycles are needed to tweak it.

Then take into account the 6 months to 1 year delay that will likely happen as like with many of those kind of crowdfunded/preannounced products, then consider the product that is supposed to ship in the fall will still be "beta".

I've had my Sonys for months now, they work awesome with great displays and optics and I can work with them, they're not "beta" and it's actually the 3rd iteration that is quite mature, and I could test them in a store before buying.
The Glyph have the same specs, nothing much more apart from looking cooler.

We'll just have to wait and see. I'm in no rush. My Air 2 does the job for now.
The Sony's are $1499 here in Australia and the Glyph works out to be just under $900. So it's a no brainer really.

Last edited:
Reactions: turbodronepilot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop