Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Basic video settings for newbie

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just got my inspire & had my first flight, a little disappointed with the video as it wasn't very sharp & a little grainy.

Tips please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Auto at moment but getting grain & not very sharp, finding this camera not as user friendly as I would of liked

Reactions: Stalley22
Monitor is a iPad Air 2 but it's when I put the footage on my Mac book pro it's just disappointing

Reactions: Stalley22
Agree...man, it could be alot of things.. recording in RAW,JPEG,resolution,etc. If you are basing this on one recording, its going to be hard to pinpoint.

Hi there

I'm a sort of camera newbie. I started filming in auto but now I'm experimenting in manual where the photos appear to be a little sharper. No doubt somebody will shoot me down in flames for saying this, but I try and set the ISO as low as possible 100 or maybe 200 and then adjust the shutter speed according to light conditions. I took quite an acceptable photo yesterday evening with ISO 100 and shutter 1/50. But it's a question of trial and error.
Remember , left panel closed fully auto, left panel open but manual not selected: semi auto, left panel auto and manual selected : full manual.

Shooting video in manual is a whole new can of worms and I'm not so sure about that so I'm auto in video !

No reason to get shot down Mossie. Your seeking out the sweet spots for filming. And remembering how the left panel works is more than I can handle. :)

No reason to get shot down Mossie. Your seeking out the sweet spots for filming. And remembering how the left panel works is more than I can handle. :)

Yes and thank heavens for this forum because there's a whole lot of nothing in the manual about photo settings i.e. holding down the shutter button for 5 secs to get the different shoot modes ( burst , exposure bracketing etc ) ! I saw people talking about exposure bracketing and I was thinking how the hell do you get into that mode !

As I understand from somebody in this forum, Semi Auto : force one of shutter/ ISO . Camera selects other for EV compensation. Manual : You set ISO and Shutter speed.

Reactions: Nick.Muzik

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips