Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery alert in app..

Reaction score
I did my FW update, did a couple of flights yesterday..all is great. I got the red triangle overall status alert that the battery needs to be fully discharged, and charged. I did that on both the 47 and 48 down to 1%, let them cool off, then fully charged them, but I still get the alert. I there a way to reset this? I kind of thought the intelligent battery would know if it had been cycled.

I did my FW update, did a couple of flights yesterday..all is great. I got the red triangle overall status alert that the battery needs to be fully discharged, and charged. I did that on both the 47 and 48 down to 1%, let them cool off, then fully charged them, but I still get the alert. I there a way to reset this? I kind of thought the intelligent battery would know if it had been cycled.
Hmmm..... That's strange. I had the same thing happen yesterday on one of my TB48's. Did the same thing, down to 1% and then full charge. Popped it back in the Inspire and after about 3 or 4 seconds message about cycling battery went away.
Did you have to update any of your batteries firmware?
Are your cells (on that pack) showing as near enough all equal?

You should leave it on and discharging until it's REALLY empty i.e. the battery shuts itself off. The 1% indication may be wrong and the whole point of this is to correct it and give it an "I can't go lower" reference again.

You should leave it on and discharging until it's REALLY empty i.e. the battery shuts itself off. The 1% indication may be wrong and the whole point of this is to correct it and give it an "I can't go lower" reference again.
DJI instructions say 5% or lower but I take your point.
Cell indicators turn red at 3.5v

I ran them both down to 1%, then turned them on until the light went out, cooled them off, then fully charged. And yes, all cells are perfectly balanced. Also the FW updates on both confirmed with the D------DD.

I ran them both down to 1%, then turned them on until the light went out, cooled them off, then fully charged. And yes, all cells are perfectly balanced. Also the FW updates on both confirmed with the D------DD.
Are they still doing it?
I would fly the packs a couple of times and see if the message goes away.

Mine is saying the same for all my batteries. Will need to fly this weekend to see if I can clear. Also having a loss of signal issues with no pictures on my iPad now and again.

Another way to discharge your batteries is to charge your TX with the last 10% remaining power.Works better then waiting 'till they reach less than 5%.Just use your charger and connect them without using the powercord.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
I just hovered the I1 a few inches off the ground till 1%.. I had to fight the throttle to keep it off the ground tho. I cycled again.. still having the same alert in app. Dosen't seem to affect anything.... its just annoying.

im having the same issue on one of my batteries (TB47) has 21 charges let the battery drain till it couldn't run then i fully charged it went for a flight drained it again and charged it still have the alert :(

I know I said this on another post, so sorry for re-posting. I always checks for bad cells by holding down the power button until the red light flashes, then all 4 green LED's should light up, any less and you've got a bad cell.

1. I am having the same problem with a TB47...updated the firmware without any issues...then got an initial message that the battery needs a complete process of charging and discharging. Further instructions say "Solution: after flight finished, please discharge battery to 5% below." I did this...took it to 5%, then recharged...and am having the same problem. When I look at the battery info, it says it is 100% charged...all the cells look good, reading 4.26 volts. I have 2 TB48s...they are not having an issue. I will discharge the battery completely, unlike the instructions given by DJI...and try this.

My question is this...is this TB47 I'm getting these readings on safe to fly? Is it safe to have sitting around my house?

Will report back after this next discharge cycle. Thanks,

Hi, I had 2 batteries that said the same thing, both flew no problem, discharged and recharged, both seem it ok now, no notes on battery app.
Cheers Mark

I flew this morning to discharge my TB47 which is giving me an alert upon initial screen...and I was getting a message that the craft was now behind me...when it clearly was not...I got a couple of these readings...I did compass calibration...not sure what is going on here...makes me a little uncomfortable...hopefully, after complete discharge, the battery will not show any more alerts?

My TB47 is not setting off any initial message about recharging...after the 2nd discharge and recharge, it appears to be OK.

Reactions: Highrpm955

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop