Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Cell Broken

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am getting an error on one of my batteries saying that one of the cells is broken.

I have drained the battery down to 1% and charged back up to 100% but its still coming back as an error, its about 0.06v out of sync with the other cells. From what I have been reading about the Inspire 1 batteries, is it safe to say that it's now scrap? I think it's about 8-9 months old but only had 18 cycles, any advice?

Hi all,

I am getting an error on one of my batteries saying that one of the cells is broken.

I have drained the battery down to 1% and charged back up to 100% but its still coming back as an error, its about 0.06v out of sync with the other cells. From what I have been reading about the Inspire 1 batteries, is it safe to say that it's now scrap? I think it's about 8-9 months old but only had 18 cycles, any advice?

Yea sadly it looked like it’s gone, I would still contact DJI and open a ticket as that should not happen in that time scale, there have been reports of these from time to time and the software on the I2 packs does seem very protective.

As @Mad_angler1 mentioned, unfortunately these cell errors arise from time to time. Please connect with your dealer or DJI support to open a ticket and seek replacement. We do have to note that the battery is out of its 6 month warranty however given the low number of cycles I hope this can be replaced for you outside of policy.

Thanks for the replies, i'm going to ring the dealer today and see what they can do

Quick question, (didn't want to create a new thread for it) if the Inspire is facing away from you and you are looking at the rear, is Battery 1 ( as indicated in the App on the left or right? I assume it's on the left but i want to be sure before i send it off to DJI for inspection

Quick question, (didn't want to create a new thread for it) if the Inspire is facing away from you and you are looking at the rear, is Battery 1 ( as indicated in the App on the left or right? I assume it's on the left but i want to be sure before i send it off to DJI for inspection
Batt # 1 is on the right side.

Hi all,

Unfortunately, the DJI intelligent battery circuit can not deal with severe cell imbalances. Also, because the batteries are sealed you cannot get to the individual port socket. I was able to repair the Inspire 1 battery with this same issue. If you would like to send the battery to me, maybe I could find a way to get it going again. Or if you would like to donate this one to me and I could see if there is a way to access the battery cells? Send me a PM and I would be happy to help
Rich

I too had one TB-50 with one bad cell. The last cell wouldnt charge up to full charge so I sent in after several of DJI's recommendations...

I too had one TB-50 with one bad cell. The last cell wouldnt charge up to full charge so I sent in after several of DJI's recommendations...

If the battery is under warranty, then you owe it to yourself to have DJI replace it. If someone has a TB50 out of warranty and is willing to donate it to the cause please PM me.

Only interested in finding an possible solution to repairing these batteries if they can. Don’t want to destroy a good battery to do it :)

Rich

If the battery is under warranty, then you owe it to yourself to have DJI replace it. If someone has a TB50 out of warranty and is willing to donate it to the cause please PM me.

Only interested in finding an possible solution to repairing these batteries if they can. Don’t want to destroy a good battery to do it :)

Rich
Hey Rich. I think we either have or know of some that we could get sent to you. If you PM us your address we would be happy to send them your way and hope you can find a fix for some of the members here on InspirePilots!

Thanks.

Hey Rich. I think we either have or know of some that we could get sent to you. If you PM us your address we would be happy to send them your way and hope you can find a fix for some of the members here on InspirePilots!

Thanks.
Hi FDS
I sent you a message response.. Let me know what you think
Is this Michael?

Rich

Hey Rich! Yes - this is Michael (although I do get a lot of help supporting the forums so its not always me). Had I known about your ability or at least the possibility of you being able to help fix the broken cell error message many forum members are getting right now we would have put a couple bad ones in the Inspire 2 case we sent you. I got your PM and will catch up with you on that thread.

Thanks!

Hey Rich! Yes - this is Michael (although I do get a lot of help supporting the forums so its not always me). Had I known about your ability or at least the possibility of you being able to help fix the broken cell error message many forum members are getting right now we would have put a couple bad ones in the Inspire 2 case we sent you. I got your PM and will catch up with you on that thread.

Thanks!
Hi Michael,
LOL, yes there was plenty of room in my case :) I took forever to make this little video. originally I was only making the video for my own record. It really was not intended to be posted out in the wild. This wasn't one of my better efforts, however, I finally was pressured into putting something together. I wanted to be able to offer the wiring harness for others that wanted to fix their Inspire 1 batteries. But the socket connect source dried up and I didn't want to solder all of these by hand. three other members in the DJI forum were able to fix the broken cell issue on the I1 batteries. AS you are aware the problem I see with the Inspire 2 batteries is the fact that DJI glues them together. The first trick is to see how to get one apart without destroying the case....

Okay, I will wait for your message and thanks for the reply.

All the best
Rich

Has anyone taken the Inspire 2 TB50 battery apart yet. Would like to know how to break into one without really damaging it to see if I can use one of my high end RC chargers to revive it. I have three that are out of the 6 months period, but only have a dozen charges on them.

Has anyone taken the Inspire 2 TB50 battery apart yet. Would like to know how to break into one without really damaging it to see if I can use one of my high end RC chargers to revive it. I have three that are out of the 6 months period, but only have a dozen charges on them.

No, I am waiting for someone to donate a battery that can be used to experiment on that can help find the best process. I have a feeling the battery case is glued together at the factory and cutting it apart will be quite difficult.

I am waiting for FDS to contact me with some possible batteries to get this moving forward
Rich

Last edited:
I had the same error a month or 2 ago on a battery and called DJI support. I also tried to completely discharge them, then recharge - but unlike the Phantoms I 've had in the past, the error did not go away.

The battery was less than a year old and they sent me a repair form and requested I send it to them - they paid shipping. Less than a week later the other battery that was paired with the battery that had the error, came up with the same error. Again I called DJI customer support and they had me send the other battery in as well. I never found out what the issue was - seemed very strange both paired batteries had this issue - but 2 weeks later I received the replacements.

I had the same error a month or 2 ago on a battery and called DJI support. I also tried to completely discharge them, then recharge - but unlike the Phantoms I 've had in the past, the error did not go away.

The battery was less than a year old and they sent me a repair form and requested I send it to them - they paid shipping. Less than a week later the other battery that was paired with the battery that had the error, came up with the same error. Again I called DJI customer support and they had me send the other battery in as well. I never found out what the issue was - seemed very strange both paired batteries had this issue - but 2 weeks later I received the replacements.

This is very interesting and can not explain why both batteries had this problem? I might be possible the pairing of these 2 batteries could have something to do with the issue. I can assume you tired to repair the batteries again with the first new replacement? I have not had the opportunity to teardown one of these yet.

Rich

No I have been waiting to hear back for FDS that has some bad batteries I could try some teardown experiments on.

Rich

Thanks!

Just wanted to follow up on this offer guys. Have you had a chance to move forward with sending a couple of bad batteries for teardown work?

Thanks
Rich

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla