Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Cell Broken

Hey Rich! Yes - this is Michael (although I do get a lot of help supporting the forums so its not always me). Had I known about your ability or at least the possibility of you being able to help fix the broken cell error message many forum members are getting right now we would have put a couple bad ones in the Inspire 2 case we sent you. I got your PM and will catch up with you on that thread.

Thanks!
I received the 2 donor batteries today Thank You Florida Drone Supply!! I can tell you from my first hour of trial and error, these batteries are a royal PIB... Yes, they are glued together and using my iFixit tools have been useful but damage to the case will result during the process. The cooling port on the end of the battery appears to be seated from the inside (so you cannot sneak in through this opening).. anyway I am hoping that you can gain access to the individual cells through the battery connection port. We will see.

I will keep you posted
Rich

Hey Rich. I think we either have or know of some that we could get sent to you. If you PM us your address we would be happy to send them your way and hope you can find a fix for some of the members here on InspirePilots!

Thanks.

I have finished the teardown and repair of one of your two batteries. I will be posting the video very soon....
Rich
IMG_9673.JPG IMG_9676.JPG IMG_9677.JPG IMG_9769.jpg

I had a new TB50 go bad. It only had 10 charges! It was idle for a couple of month, so it automatically discharged after 14 days. Normal right? Nothing wrong here. After charging them back up, one reported a bad cell. What the? I followed the instructions and after running it down to 5%, and recharging it, it was still bad. I was planning on going out this weekend but the bad cell and the nightmare firmware failures, failed updates, remote control not powering off properly, inability to sync up RC FW versions, bad gimbal/no camera detected, camera snapping back to center, I just gave up completely frustrated and dejected with this product. And all these X7 pop-up messages. My god! I feel like the AC’s big firmware update for the stupid X7 caused all of these problems. Who the heck knows what’s really going on with this nightmare tech. The master RC seems okay. It’s the slave RC that won’t work. It won’t accept the update. I can’t match up the versions! No matter what I try. The camera is not detected. Sometimes it thinks I have a Phanton drone. The Slave RC won’t power off. The camera snaps back to center. Really Ugly! I can’t get any tech support help on the weekend from DJI. Things seems to be working fine, then it wanted to do this big update for the X7 and then all hell broke loose.

I had a new TB50 go bad. It only had 10 charges! It was idle for a couple of month, so it automatically discharged after 14 days. Normal right? Nothing wrong here. After charging them back up, one reported a bad cell. What the? I followed the instructions and after running it down to 5%, and recharging it, it was still bad. I was planning on going out this weekend but the bad cell and the nightmare firmware failures, failed updates, remote control not powering off properly, inability to sync up RC FW versions, bad gimbal/no camera detected, camera snapping back to center, I just gave up completely frustrated and dejected with this product. And all these X7 pop-up messages. My god! I feel like the AC’s big firmware update for the stupid X7 caused all of these problems. Who the heck knows what’s really going on with this nightmare tech. The master RC seems okay. It’s the slave RC that won’t work. It won’t accept the update. I can’t match up the versions! No matter what I try. The camera is not detected. Sometimes it thinks I have a Phanton drone. The Slave RC won’t power off. The camera snaps back to center. Really Ugly! I can’t get any tech support help on the weekend from DJI. Things seems to be working fine, then it wanted to do this big update for the X7 and then all hell broke loose.

Sorry for all of your frustration! I think you are correct that something in the FW caused some issues with the TB50 batteries. DJI is working on a FW fix that should be released soon. The beta is being tested right now.

Hang in there
Rich

Hey Rhyan...I am just seeing your post now, but you can always check with us any day of the week...we are more than happy to take some time on the phone with you and help you get things figured out.

I have a brand new I2 kit that came with 10 batteries. Today one of the batteries gave a bad cell warning. It had only been charged twice. When I got home I charged them in the new Battery Station I just. Put them back in and now they're working fine! Nothing wrong with them at all. Very strange.

I have a brand new I2 kit that came with 10 batteries. Today one of the batteries gave a bad cell warning. It had only been charged twice. When I got home I charged them in the new Battery Station I just. Put them back in and now they're working fine! Nothing wrong with them at all. Very strange.

Sometimes simply cycling a battery will do the trick. The batteries are designed to drain cells at the same rate however sometimes they can see deviation. Very possible that bringing them up to full capacity more or less reset the cell readouts. I’d say just keep an eye on that battery for the next couple cycles just to be sure cells are in balance and voltage readouts are within line.

Ok, but there are many reports of people recycling their batteries and it having no effect. I was just wondering if the Battery Station had anything to do with it.

Any update on the new Dji battery firmware? I’m convinced that their last update is breaking most of our battery cell tolerances.

Any update on the new Dji battery firmware? I’m convinced that their last update is breaking most of our battery cell tolerances.
The update was released today and so far it looks good

Everything update just fine

Rich

Ok, but there are many reports of people recycling their batteries and it having no effect. I was just wondering if the Battery Station had anything to do with it.
I think the battery Station offers better management for sure. I will have mine in a few days.

I have 8 sets of tb50. 4 of them will not fly reporting broken cell. All firmware up to date. I’ve done everything under the sun and the only thing that has made any progress was mixing and matching different pairs to make one good set out of 4. Completely stupid. I can’t even fly my rig on the job im working this weekend. Complete ****.

I have 8 sets of tb50. 4 of them will not fly reporting broken cell. All firmware up to date. I’ve done everything under the sun and the only thing that has made any progress was mixing and matching different pairs to make one good set out of 4. Completely stupid. I can’t even fly my rig on the job im working this weekend. Complete ****.

Sorry missed your post. Have you cycled the batteries since you updated them? Cougar reported that his battery didn't balance either after the 72 hour wait period. But now they are on the second charge cycle, but seem to be okay now. Hope you get this sorted out

PS REALLY like the new DJI battery station
Rich

IMG_0060.jpg IMG_0062.jpg IMG_0066.JPG

Last edited:
Hi all,

I am getting an error on one of my batteries saying that one of the cells is broken.

I have drained the battery down to 1% and charged back up to 100% but its still coming back as an error, its about 0.06v out of sync with the other cells. From what I have been reading about the Inspire 1 batteries, is it safe to say that it's now scrap? I think it's about 8-9 months old but only had 18 cycles, any advice?
I've got the same issue with an I2 battery and it only has 22 charge cycles. DJI had me charge it overnight and I also tried draining it to 5% and re-charging it with no luck. DJI support said max warranty is 6 months on batteries with no exceptions - they told me to go and buy new ones.

Attachments

• IMG_0111.PNG
    IMG_0111.PNG
    364 KB · Views: 9
I've got the same issue with an I2 battery and it only has 22 charge cycles. DJI had me charge it overnight and I also tried draining it to 5% and re-charging it with no luck. DJI support said max warranty is 6 months on batteries with no exceptions - they told me to go and buy new ones.
Hi
Have you updated to the new FW and then charge up to 100%. Then you wait for 72 hours for the cells to balance. I believe it could take 2 charge cycles after the FW update.

It is also possible your battery is to far out of balance but it doesn’t hurt to try

Rich

Hi
Have you updated to the new FW and then charge up to 100%. Then you wait for 72 hours for the cells to balance. I believe it could take 2 charge cycles after the FW update.

It is also possible your battery is to far out of balance but it doesn’t hurt to try

Rich
Thanks for the advise Rich, I haven't tried but I will for sure......I'll let you know if it works.

Thanks for the advise Rich, I haven't tried but I will for sure......I'll let you know if it works.
Hi again

Take your time updating the new FW on your Inspire 2 and all of your battery sets. The batteries that have the cell errors will need to set unused for 72 hours. I have been reading my guys that this new FW fixed their batteries.
I hope you have success!!
Rich

Hi Rich, I did the firmware update with the batteries that had the error. After the update the error was gone but one cell is still .1v lower than the rest of them. I'm going to wait the 72 hours......stay tuned.

Thanks again for the suggestion!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnjamin123