Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Cell Broken

Hi Rich, I did the firmware update with the batteries that had the error. After the update the error was gone but one cell is still .1v lower than the rest of them. I'm going to wait the 72 hours......stay tuned.

Thanks again for the suggestion!!
Okay that’s a good sign and good news!

I have heard from some others, in some cases it could take a couple of charge cycles before it levels out. But you need to wait the 72 hours first. :)

Rich

Hi Rich,

Thanks again for your help with this (you saved me the cost of a new battery!!). I waited the 72 hours and found the suspect cell to be a lot closer the rest. Left if over the weekend and today it was a difference of .04 so I took it for a low altitude test flight today. The batteries were about 97 and 91% respectively but by 88% they had evened out and the bad cell is now the .01 different from the rest. I'll keep an even closer eye on this pair for the next few flights to make sure all is ok with them.

Thanks again!!!

Gord

Hi Rich,

Thanks again for your help with this (you saved me the cost of a new battery!!). I waited the 72 hours and found the suspect cell to be a lot closer the rest. Left if over the weekend and today it was a difference of .04 so I took it for a low altitude test flight today. The batteries were about 97 and 91% respectively but by 88% they had evened out and the bad cell is now the .01 different from the rest. I'll keep an even closer eye on this pair for the next few flights to make sure all is ok with them.

Thanks again!!!

Gord

This is great news and glad you are making progress. Sounds like your battery is back to normal parameters.

DJI has definitely helped us with the cell error balance issue with this last FW update.

PS, I am using the DJI Battery Station now and pretty spoiled with the flexibility you have with these batteries. Of course it is an expensive tool for the hobbyist, but I highly recommend it!!
Rich

Question sir brand new battery had error will not charge on the hub I get a red light will this update fix it ?

Question sir brand new battery had error will not charge on the hub I get a red light will this update fix it ?
Sounds like the battery cells have dropped below the minimum voltage to accept a charge. In this case, if the battery is under warranty, get a replacement. If the battery is not under warranty, unfortunately there is not much you can do...… sorry
Rich

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CandyGolds