Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery discharge settings

Reaction score
What's the longest you should keep a battery fully charged for? I normally run mine down to around 30% after flying then only recharge them a day or so before my next flight, so they could stay a 30% for a week or so, I do the same with the controller also.

What's the longest you should keep a battery fully charged for? I normally run mine down to around 30% after flying then only recharge them a day or so before my next flight, so they could stay a 30% for a week or so, I do the same with the controller also.
Best to keep them at storage levels if you are going to store them for a week or more.
50% charge is best so around 3.86v per cell.
Easy way to do this is put the pack on charge until the third led JUST starts to flash. Take it off charge AS SOON as that led starts and you will have your pack at 50%. :)
The remote is not really critical - it has a 2 cell lipo in there. I tend to keep mime charged up and run it down over a few days flying.

Best to keep them at storage levels if you are going to store them for a week or more.
50% charge is best so around 3.86v per cell.
Easy way to do this is put the pack on charge until the third led JUST starts to flash. Take it off charge AS SOON as that led starts and you will have your pack at 50%. :)
The remote is not really critical - it has a 2 cell lipo in there. I tend to keep mime charged up and run it down over a few days flying.
This may be a dumb question, but how do you run the remote battery down? Do you just keep it on? The reason I ask is because when I tried just letting the remote run down, it starts to beep at me. Every time it beeps, like a trained rat, I move the controller stick to stop the beeping. I have not tested this yet, but I'm assuming that after a while it shuts off automatically, or is this not the case?

When you are running down the power on your remote, do you put it someplace so the beeping doesn't annoy you?

This may be a dumb question, but how do you run the remote battery down? Do you just keep it on? The reason I ask is because when I tried just letting the remote run down, it starts to beep at me. Every time it beeps, like a trained rat, I move the controller stick to stop the beeping. I have not tested this yet, but I'm assuming that after a while it shuts off automatically, or is this not the case?

When you are running down the power on your remote, do you put it someplace so the beeping doesn't annoy you?

Many batteries do you have? I run down my batteries with the props turning to help cool motors and obviously with RC on. Just my thoughts.

I haven't seen it shut down but you're right, it has a 10 minute idle timer which then makes an annoying noise :mad:

I just tend to fly until I get down to one solid light and one flashing. (So somewhere around 25 - 30% battery).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry