Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

battery life solutions using the DJI GO app

Reaction score
I currently fly with my iPhone 6 to use the app features, and a SmallHD monitor for monitoring video. The monitor is powered by its own battery. But I only get two flights before the iPhone 6 battery is done. The app is a battery hog, and it is the weak link in my entire equation. On a job I might fly 20 batteries a day or more, so there's no time to recharge a single iPhone. An iPad would last maybe twice as long, but I'd still have the same problem at some point.

The only thing I can think of to do is to buy a cheap Android phone that has removable batteries, and buy a bunch of batts. I know nothing about Android, so wondering if anybody here knows which one would work well with the app and also allow battery changing?

Jayburd, don't those cases require something plugging into the iPhone port? In which case you would not be able to plug in for use of the app.

You can also get one of those battery banks that offers wireless charging and get a wireless charging case for the iphone and velcro the two things together and be done for under $60 -- $40 for the battery and $20 for the case.

http://www.amazon.com/MobilePal-10000mAh-Wireless-Lighting-Micro-USB/dp/B00L7WGW7K

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=mobile&field-keywords=iphone+6+qi+case

Never had one of these but it is a battery case and claims that you can use the microUSB port for syncing iphone with a PC.

http://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Batter...44&sr=8-1&keywords=iphone+6+battery+case+sync

"pass through syncing so that you don't need to remove the battery to sync with iTunes."

These type of battery cases usually only doubles the battery, unlike the external battery pack that usually can charge the phone a few times.

Might work for you?

Reactions: bryharv
Seems extremely odd that it could drain a full battery in only two flights which amount to what, about a half hour or less of use? I have a Samsung galaxy note 4 and granted I run an older dji pilot app but I've flown 6 batteries back to back and only used maybe 30-40% of my battery. Something is goofy if it discharges that fast I would think. I've not seen anyone else report such quick battery drain. Is anyone else having the same results?

Seems extremely odd that it could drain a full battery in only two flights which amount to what, about a half hour or less of use? I have a Samsung galaxy note 4 and granted I run an older dji pilot app but I've flown 6 batteries back to back and only used maybe 30-40% of my battery. Something is goofy if it discharges that fast I would think. I've not seen anyone else report such quick battery drain. Is anyone else having the same results?

Ive seen lots of people report similar on this board

Never had one of these but it is a battery case and claims that you can use the microUSB port for syncing iphone with a PC.

http://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Batter...44&sr=8-1&keywords=iphone+6+battery+case+sync

"pass through syncing so that you don't need to remove the battery to sync with iTunes."

These type of battery cases usually only doubles the battery, unlike the external battery pack that usually can charge the phone a few times.

Might work for you?

Thanks, I will look into this one.

Ive seen lots of people report similar on this board
My bad. They must have made some drastic changes in the app then, or maybe it's an iPhone issue. Wouldn't even think it physically possible to drain a fully charged phone battery in a half hour.

I have seen issues reported specifically for iphone 6. It also has a tiny battery of 1810mAH and an old processor. Some other threads I have seen recommended airplane mode to conserve battery, might be worth a try as well in addition to getting a battery case.

I have seen issues reported specifically for iphone 6. It also has a tiny battery of 1810mAH and an old processor. Some other threads I have seen recommended airplane mode to conserve battery, might be worth a try as well in addition to getting a battery case.
Ah, that would explain it then. That's a ridiculously small battery. Isn't the iPhone 6 the new large screen version similar to the note 4 in size? My Samsung note 4 battery is 3220 mah. What was Apple thinking using such a small battery, lol

I always fly in airplane mode with all other apps off. Doesn't make any difference - still get poor battery life using the app. Phone works fine in every other respect and battery life is normal for any other apps and daily use.

The easy way is in the photo, the expensive way is a wireless charging whit the possibility to connect a sync cable.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-11-26-20-55-19.png
    Screenshot_2015-11-26-20-55-19.png
    329.8 KB · Views: 15
I know this is a stupid question but how do you tell what ipad mini you have? I have 2 and they look the same. Are there faster processors in some?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

you have to looks at the model number and google it to find out which one. you can find it under settings.

Yeah I plan to check pawn shops and upgrade if need be. Anyone have the model number that's the fastest

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop