Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Mod Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is 100% irresponsible for ANYONE to put a third party battery pack on an Inspire as its main power source and fly it. DJI knows this, thus why they made it so difficult.
What is the difference between flying a drone with genuine but outdated, old and weak battery and flying it with a third party or DIY battetry? As the world is full with inspire 1 users, mostly all of them are still operating them with their old genuine batteries. In which case the risk is higher then?

There are risk related subcategories and if following the rules of Open A3 category the drone should not be within 150 meters from property or people (according EASA). The pilot have full responsibility of whatever could happen, like a driver on the road with his crappy old car that passed all regulations but actually broke on the road and killed innocent people.

An aircraft the size of an Inspire 1 will easily kill a child. It could easily kill an adult as well. If flown into traffic there is no question it could cause a massive chain-reaction and many deaths.
You really sound like a DJI troll! And not only from this comment but you overal have spammed the therad with tons of theories that this is not doable or too dangerous. The idea in those forums are to provide positive feedback that can help people do what they are asking for. If you can't help then simply do not comment, especially how much you know but you can't tell anyone about LOL.

There are many ways in this world for accident to happen, and flying a 4kg drone from any brand can kill a person and not only, there are lighter fpv drones like DJI's FPV for example, CE Certified and only 700 grams but can reach up to 140 km/h, this can easily kill a person as well with all it's genuity. Soo what's your point?

How many lives you saved so far, did you count them? :D

So far I can see your intentions in this thread are to convince people to not modify their inspires or batteries, explaing how hard this is and bla bla tons of theory against any options. But this thread is filled in with the exact opposite information from tens of people who did a lot of experiments on their own expenses and shared all the info to the community.

I did the power clip mod years ago just for proof of concept and it was working perfect! Thanks to all the people who decided to share their knowledge here. I've used 1 x TB47 and 2 x Gensace 3000mah batteries, strapped with velcro on the arms, this extended the flight time of Inspire RAW to 22 minutes of hoovering in 3-4m/s wind (default on TB48 is 13-14 min with brand new battery). DJI GO was showing all the additional time in the green bar, yes it was showing 22 minutes from the take off (don't know how that happens, and really don't care as it works), as well the exact voltage of the current combined power pack was shown which is the most important thing to keep eye on.

Soo for those who look for it, it's not so difficult, no need of reprogramming or finding the exact cells, the difficult resoldering of cells and etc. One only need additional batteries with high C rate, so they could feed the inspire's power demands while at the same time are charging the main battery so to keep it ON when the main become depletted as it will before the additional batteries.

And lastly everyone so far knows that m600 batteries can be refit with inspire's cap's, another way to keep the inspire in the air but still DIY and not genuine.

It's really simple if one want to go that or either way just this thread became overstretched and the precious info is hard to be found between all of the blabla.

niki, actually people using the older DJI batteries are fine because they have the technology and higher-end cells that will allow them to use them safely. Basically if there is an issue the aircraft will force a landing. If there is a problem it will not just "shut off" without warning in the largest majority of cases.

People flying third party and/or self-built batteries, even with the BMS in place will not be able to claim anywhere near the amount of reliability as with teh stock high-end cells. Again, I have spent the money to validate the offerings out there and source cells from no less than 4 different suppliers for thousands of dollars to determine what is viable, what is not and what kind of real cost there is to make higher-end packs as offered by DJI.

Why would I be a troll? I have offered much more information across the board than virtually anyone else in a wide array of subjects regarding the Inspire 1. To say otherwise is just foolish.

As far as the battery information, I have sent individuals on this board direct proof and more information than I posted publicly. So I have no concerns with you throwing a tantrum and complaining that I won't share. It is attitudes like yours being a prime example of EXACTLY why I won't. You own attitude of, "don't really care as it works" is another example of the problem. If you are going to mess around with a power source for a drone, you should be more than interested in PRECISELY how and why it does or does not work properly, report properly, etc. Anything less is irresponsible.

Oh, and your diatribe of all the regulations and such is no sort of justification for being obtuse to the fact that these are massive drones compared to most and most certainly can be a huge safety issue if they start falling out of the sky.

Oh, and none of what I post are theories. They have all been accomplished and validated. I only post ideas about what ideal solutions would be, but even at that I usually post things as such with an eye towards feasibility, not a "pie in the sky idea", but a real world version that would be easily accomplishable.

The reasons I do or do not post information I have earned are mine and mine alone. For you to state you don't want to hear how it works is again being obtuse. Then don't read the thread.

Most of the people that are seriously interested have been contacted directly by me and I have shared certain information with them, so I am far from just "keeping everyone in the dark". Who knows, if you weren't acting in the way you are, I might have been motivated to share with you as well, but alas, not when someone throws a fit like they are entitled to what I know.

Reactions: cruzroy
OK, OK, stop right here, now! No another personal vendetta, please ... By far we all know possible solutions, either with existing and still alive TB 47/48 batteries for Inspire 1 or still available batteries for M100/M600 drones. We all know that this will work only to a point where these genuine DJI batteries finally vanish from the surface of this planet. Meanwhile the majority of Inspire 1 stock will end up on scrapyards like virtually every vehicle since industrial revolution ...

If ANYONE will come up with a better solution BEFORE that happen, fine ... If not, too bad. Drone re-builders will dig the rusty Inspire 1 remains like a muscle car maniacs do (Oh, look, 1964 Pontiac GTO!!!) and install who knows what to power it ? ...

Cool down, gentleman. It's just a piece of aging hardware. Anyone is still using PC with Windows 95?

OK, OK, stop right here, now! No another personal vendetta, please ... By far we all know possible solutions, either with existing and still alive TB 47/48 batteries for Inspire 1 or still available batteries for M100/M600 drones. We all know that this will work only to a point where these genuine DJI batteries finally vanish from the surface of this planet. Meanwhile the majority of Inspire 1 stock will end up on scrapyards like virtually every vehicle since industrial revolution ...

If ANYONE will come up with a better solution BEFORE that happen, fine ... If not, too bad. Drone re-builders will dig the rusty Inspire 1 remains like a muscle car maniacs do (Oh, look, 1964 Pontiac GTO!!!) and install who knows what to power it ? ...

Cool down, gentleman. It's just a piece of aging hardware. Anyone is still using PC with Windows 95?
Hey what’s wrong with 95. Best hacking platform ever

• Haha
Reactions: Mixchief
actually people using the older DJI batteries are fine because they have the technology and higher-end cells that will allow them to use them safely. Basically if there is an issue the aircraft will force a landing. If there is a problem it will not just "shut off" without warning in the largest majority of cases
In the last year there was a few reports of inspires shutting down in the air with their original batteries. No forced landing, just a pile of crap in a matter of seconds and hopefully no injuries were reported. I don't remember reading a report of a crashed modded inspire from a long time ago, maybe the last where in the first few hundreds posts of this thread.

Do you remember the falling matrices due to faulty batteries, all original? And the falling inspires with their first firmware. This proves that DJI is not always safe and better as you say.

And yes I don't care about details when things work. Many people don't understand what electricity is but they are using it everyday, it's a thing that can kill you but this is enough information for the public so to be aware and still be consumer. It's the same with the drones, guns, cars and etc.

So my point is that operating a drone is pilot's responsibility, modifying a drone is again pilot's responsibility, maintenance of a drone is pilot's responsibility. And if accident happen it's not because someone posted a few lines of code or tutorial how to avoid BMS to the public but due to neglecting or mistake of a guy/pilot who don't know how to use it. So you can't save anyone by keeping your knowledge out of the public as those who decided to tweak, mod and DIY their drones will do it in one or another way.

And actually if there is a public info about how this is done properly the actual accidents could be reduced due to less experimenting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topproorityhealthcare