Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Mod Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok ! Nothing can touch the gimbal mount as I found it causes vibrations if even a wire touches it in the camera. And mounting the batteries very much forward gets in the way of the camera lens shade unless angled out. Then the landing gear arms in the way. So I'll be curious to see a mount that will allow the battery and cG to be moved forward if the battery compartment.

Ok ! Nothing can touch the gimbal mount as I found it causes vibrations if even a wire touches it in the camera. And mounting the batteries very much forward gets in the way of the camera lens shade unless angled out. Then the landing gear arms in the way. So I'll be curious to see a mount that will allow the battery and cG to be moved forward if the battery compartment.

Yeah we have all that accounted for, but due to the gimbal plates, and especially with the X5R there will be a real limit to how far you can bring batteries forward.

We will see? Obviously we can simply mount the batteries to the battery case as you did originally but the idea is to move them forwar so not to put800g back there!

Have you flown the 2800's yet or the 2700's?

The eBay seller claims the 2800's were shipped 12/27, UPS disagrees. I've been back and forth and am going to open a dispute if they don't arrive shortly.

The ThunderPower 2700's are special order and I'm having them put XT60's on before them ship them out. Probably another week to get those.

So still waiting.

I'm hoping to lock in on "the best" battery for me and buy a bunch of them, tossing the rest.

Side note: I was quite surprised at how small the TP 2700 dimensions are. That's goodness for the X5 mounting position.

Last edited:
I have the 2800 with the xt60 connectors . Perhaps because I'm using the paralell connector which is a thinner wire 14 g instead of 12 or 10g it not working right? I can send you mine to try.

I did figure out that the wires they use on these batteries is a much finer strand of a silver material which probably has a lot less resistance and impedance then the copper strand wire I was using! Even my 10 g is thinner then their 14 or 12g on the batteries! So hacked a couple of connector and redone the leads comming out of the battery using their wires. Can only help!
Do you know where we can get that kind of fine stranded wire?

Reactions: damoncooper
They were sent by the time I sent that message Raphael as you ordered as I was on the way to the PO. The new one has not even been tested yet so may still never make it to market.

Adelberg. Pics will be shown when I feel comfortable it is a viable solution. Damon and I are still working on tweaking the design.

Reactions: Mark Boarman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RaymondZogue