Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Not Fully Charging

Reaction score
Hey everyone, hopefully you can help me out. I have 3 TB47 batteries with my inspire. Recently, I've been having problems with one of them not fully charging. It stops at about 65%. So, I drained all 3 (first time bringing them below 8%) and the other two fully charged no sweat. But this one still stops at 65%. After it's reached that point, the 'LED 3' blinks 2 times per second, indicating 'over voltage charger protection'. Any idea what this means? I unplugged it, left it for more than 24 hours and tried again. No luck. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Cheers,
Morgan

Hey everyone, hopefully you can help me out. I have 3 TB47 batteries with my inspire. Recently, I've been having problems with one of them not fully charging. It stops at about 65%. So, I drained all 3 (first time bringing them below 8%) and the other two fully charged no sweat. But this one still stops at 65%. After it's reached that point, the 'LED 3' blinks 2 times per second, indicating 'over voltage charger protection'. Any idea what this means? I unplugged it, left it for more than 24 hours and tried again. No luck. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Cheers,
Morgan
Have you checked the individual cell voltages on the app?
What do they read when the pack is charged to 65%. Are they all around then same voltage?

Reactions: sirnikolas
Battery 1 (the problem one): 65% Voltage: 25.7v, Remaining Power: 2880mHAH Total Capacity: 4500mAH Battery life: 100% Times Charged: 16
Battery 2: 100% Voltage: 25.8v, Remaining Power: 4455mHAH Total Capacity: 4500mAH Battery life: 100% Times Charged: 7
Battery 3: 100% Voltage: 25.9v, Remaining Power: 4500mHAH Total Capacity: 4500mAH Battery life: 100% Times Charged 8

Battery 1 (the problem one): 65% Voltage: 25.7v, Remaining Power: 2880mHAH Total Capacity: 4500mAH Battery life: 100% Times Charged: 16
Battery 2: 100% Voltage: 25.8v, Remaining Power: 4455mHAH Total Capacity: 4500mAH Battery life: 100% Times Charged: 7
Battery 3: 100% Voltage: 25.9v, Remaining Power: 4500mHAH Total Capacity: 4500mAH Battery life: 100% Times Charged 8
No - what are the INDIVIDUAL cell voltages on the problem battery?

You are wrong about that my friend, but nice try ;)

Would you like to explain why in your opinion I am wrong?
Two things to consider before you answer:
1. The app only shows pack voltage to one decimal place (although the individual cell graphic shows the cell voltage to two)
2. The Inspire lipos are not like 'normal' lipos in that they do not 'top out at 4.2v but rather 4.34v per cell when fully charged. If you take a look at sirnikolas screen shot above his pack is 100% charged at 4x4.30v and 2x4.29v = 25.78v but the app rounds it to 25.8v. The same as my explanation above. Would you consider his pack 'not balanced' because two cells differ by 10 millivolts each?

I noticed you made a similar style post in another thread with nothing to substantiate your argument. There is still no response from you with a plausible explanation to my post here (post #23)
http://www.inspirepilots.com/threads/tb47-tb48-deep-cycling.3804/page-2#post-44733

Perhaps you would be kind enough to bestow your knowledge on the subject to the community and we can all learn from your experience rather than just make comments like 'you are wrong'?

Have you ever calibrated that pack?
Run it down to below 5% or ideally until it completely shuts off.
Allow it to cool then give it a full uninterrupted charge and check your cell voltages then.

I've got it down to 0% but never when it completely turns off. I'll give that a go now and report back. Thanks for the tip.

I've got it down to 0% but never when it completely turns off. I'll give that a go now and report back. Thanks for the tip.
Because your calibration/balance on the pack is out a reported 0% by the app may actually not be zero.
Take it all the way down until it shuts off, then recharge (after giving half hour or so to cool) and report back.

I let the battery run out of juice until it powered off and would not turn back on. Let it cool for about an hour. Then charged it back up but it again stopped charging at 65% as the 'LED 3' blinked 2 times per second, indicating 'over voltage charger protection'. Here's a screen grab when I powered the craft back up after charging. Any thoughts to what's causing this?

IMG_0005.PNG

I let the battery run out of juice until it powered off and would not turn back on. Let it cool for about an hour. Then charged it back up but it again stopped charging at 65% as the 'LED 3' blinked 2 times per second, indicating 'over voltage charger protection'. Here's a screen grab when I powered the craft back up after charging. Any thoughts to what's causing this?

View attachment 2697

It looks like you have a faulty pack.

I would return to dealer or RMA back to DJI.

I knw this is an old thread.. but noticed that when an cell gets charged over 4.30 the protection kicks in.. was this battery charged with the dji charger or other?
and did dji say anymore on this..

This is a real old thread, but I'm trying anyway.
I experience the same problem.
I let the battery run out of juice until it powered off and would not turn back on.
Charged it again, but it stopped charging at 65% as the 'LED 3' flashes 2 times per second, indicating "over voltage charger protection".
I'm using the original charger, and this is a TB48 batteri, charged 14 times only.
Does anyone have a clue how to solve this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool