Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Troubles ????

Reaction score
Recently upgraded the firmware and also all six of my batteries.

Went out flying today with my new Cinemizer goggles (which are awesome by the way) HOWEVER when the battery got down to 36% and gave me the customary low battery warning I came back to close by. Well it dropped down to 25, then 24 and then 23%. But when it got to 21% it then suddenly dropped to 7% with a critical battery warning and landed.

Had I been where I was going to fly an hour earlier, along the coastline at Kawa Kawa Bay I would have an inspire at the bottom of the ocean. Not real impressed.

Anyone else had issues like this.

Thanks.

Ned

do they need cycling? One of mine did this the other day, but I havent cycled them yet, so i'm doing that before I look elsewhere for problems

Recently upgraded the firmware and also all six of my batteries.

Went out flying today with my new Cinemizer goggles (which are awesome by the way) HOWEVER when the battery got down to 36% and gave me the customary low battery warning I came back to close by. Well it dropped down to 25, then 24 and then 23%. But when it got to 21% it then suddenly dropped to 7% with a critical battery warning and landed.

Had I been where I was going to fly an hour earlier, along the coastline at Kawa Kawa Bay I would have an inspire at the bottom of the ocean. Not real impressed.

Anyone else had issues like this.

Thanks.

Ned
As discussed elsewhere on the forum, all LiPo batteries suffer this rapid drop off at the bottom end of the discharge cycle. I have experienced one episode when I went below 20%. I am normally back on the ground before then. You were probably also seeing the battery voltage value turning orange.

A deep cycle discharge/recharge will help 'reset' the battery's internal limits.

Last edited:
Reactions: sirnikolas
I just got a new TB47 battery. Do I have to update the firmware? How do I check that?

The only way to check is to load the latest firmware on the MicroSD card, insert it into the camera, fit your new battery and startup. It will go in to update mode DDDD for about 90 secs and then complete. If it does not your battery is also at the latest FW standard.

The only way to check is to load the latest firmware on the MicroSD card, insert it into the camera, fit your new battery and startup. It will go in to update mode DDDD for about 90 secs and then complete. If it does not your battery is also at the latest FW standard.
Thanks! So I guess that's what it was doing when I first put the batt in the AC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44