Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Beneficial information for travel mode

Reaction score
I just worked with Inspire support on a perceived issue I had with my Inspire.

Below is some beneficial information for those that may experience this.

I finished my maiden flight today. Carried it up to 300' and it was sweet.

However, when done, I tried using both the iOS app and the 4x flicking of the switch to go into travel mode but the craft kept transforming from landing mode to flight mode. What gives? Frustration set in.

Well, the fine support folks on DJI chat set me straight.

It was user error. Since I was landed on asphalt, I lifted the craft off the ground a bit to let it transform without scrapping the legs on the rough asphalt. That was the mistake.

It turns out, both the ultrasonic sensor and downward facing camera are used by the craft to go into travel mode. By lifting the craft, it was not "seeing" the ground properly and would not enter the correct mode.

I resolved it just now by performing the same steps on my kitchen floor and it works every time.

So, there you go. Lesson learned.

Hope this helps others!

I'm wondering the scratching is an issue, too. When out in the field, can u do the travel mode transformation on the carrying case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good tip, thanks. I'm pretty **** about things, but scratching the feet is just gonna happen. What a great day it would be when the feet wear down completely because of hundreds of successful flights!! great info tho because I'm sure I'd do the exact thing. Prob do travel mode in back of SUV in custom plywood tray I made for dogs to run to the front!

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
This is really great info...these are the subtle things that we all need to know. Thanks!

I'm wondering the scratching is an issue, too. When out in the field, can u do the travel mode transformation on the carrying case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used the case yesterday. No issues. I also used a carpeted surface and it was fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool