Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Best Software for Time Lapse Construction

Reaction score
I plan on filming a large apartment complex being built and I would like to travel the same exact path each time I fly, (once per week) so I am filming the same thing over and over from the same height. I have previously done this manually, (which is a painstaking task).

Which software have you guys tried and recommend for this sort of thing?

thx in advance :)

Autopilot by Auto Flight Logic

I did similar for a small installation (construction timeline was 2 weeks) and it worked pretty well. You'll always be limited by the accuracy of your sensors but it gets the job done.

I plan on filming a large apartment complex being built and I would like to travel the same exact path each time I fly, (once per week) so I am filming the same thing over and over from the same height. I have previously done this manually, (which is a painstaking task).

Which software have you guys tried and recommend for this sort of thing?

thx in advance :)
@IrishHeights I have asked you repeatedly via PM to contact me regarding making a change to your username since it is too similar to IrishSights and is causing confusion on the forum.
You have chosen to ignore my messages to date so I have had no option other than to post on open forum.

Can I please ask you choose an alternative username or admin will choose one for you?

@IrishHeights I have asked you repeatedly via PM to contact me regarding making a change to your username since it is too similar to IrishSights and is causing confusion on the forum.

No thanks, I will keep my username, I have posted with it for over 6 Months.
There is no confusion, he has a giant head as an avatar, you have a Dog as an avatar, there is no confusion!

I asked over 6 MONTHS AGO if I should change my username, and the consensus was NO, there is nothing against the rules of this site, the software allows it, and now I have over 6 months worth of posts with a 50% "like" rating on those posts.

I don't understand why it was fine 6 months ago, and now you ask me to change it !?!?!?
Can I Change My Username?

Reactions: jixxer
No thanks, I will keep my username, I have posted with it for over 6 Months.
There is no confusion, he has a giant head as an avatar, you have a Dog as an avatar, there is no confusion!

I asked over 6 MONTHS AGO if I should change my username, and the consensus was NO, there is nothing against the rules of this site, the software allows it, and now I have over 6 months worth of posts with a 50% "like" rating on those posts.

I don't understand why it was fine 6 months ago, and now you ask me to change it !?!?!?
Can I Change My Username?
We actually did try to change the name but you decided you no longer wanted to. Since you acted like you were going to be a good sport we let you keep it. This is no longer the case and it has since caused trouble and confusion. The IrishHeights name will no longer be allowed to post. If you decide to come back with a new attitude (in posts and to the moderators) we will look into getting you back up. Otherwise, goodbye.

We actually did try to change the name but you decided you no longer wanted to. Since you acted like you were going to be a good sport we let you keep it. This is no longer the case and it has since caused trouble and confusion. The IrishHeights name will no longer be allowed to post. If you decide to come back with a new attitude (in posts and to the moderators) we will look into getting you back up. Otherwise, goodbye.
I think your attitude is a bit off to be honest. Don't get me wrong, moderators do a great job but these types of response and the "F u, if you don't do as we say well though s#1t, we'll ban you or stop you from posting anyway" really get up my nose.

What is the selection process for becoming a moderator?

I think your attitude is a bit off to be honest. Don't get me wrong, moderators do a great job but these types of response and the "F u, if you don't do as we say well though s#1t, we'll ban you or stop you from posting anyway" really get up my nose.

What is the selection process for becoming a moderator?

You may be siding with the wrong horse here since you probably do not know the whole story. We as moderators have been here since the forum started and helped make it what it is today. We have banned a total of 3 people in all of that time. It takes a lot to get to that point. All we ask is that everyone is respectful to members and moderators alike. There are few other things that will get you banned. So yes, we will ban you if you do not "do as we like." But we just like that you follow the rules. If you have any other questions about an issue feel free to ask in a private message to myself or another moderator, and as always, be respectful.

Wow, that conversation went off point.

I was actually very interested in the post as I have a similar job coming up taking photos from the same position every month.
DJI Go app does not stop at the waypoint and if I remember correctly does not remember the orientation of the camera at each waypoint.

Does any body use an app in for this application they are happy with.

PS I hope "Flying High" is not annoyed with my username "Flying High 1" :)

I have been flying the construction of a new roundabout & spine road on a weekly basis for the last 3 months, using Autopilot to produce a video time-lapse.

The footage will need a little 'finessing' in post to align the images (limitations of gps, and aircraft flight angle due to side winds) but that will be nothing in comparison with the processing required to mask the huge variations in light quality over the last three months. That's the UK weather for you.

Autopilot is a fantastic app once you get to grips with the vast range of options available.

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo