Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Bird down, seeking input

Reaction score
Our I1 took a tumble from a few meters up and now has an issue. The landing gear are lowering too far thus the prop hits the X5 camera mount (regular I1 that has been upgraded to the X5)20160201_bent01.jpg . We confirmed the issue seems to be the landing gear lowering too far by measuring the distance between the arms on another I1 we have (an older model) along with the angle of the main arms.

It appears as though the part that rides up and down the threaded shaft may be bent. Unfortunately the other I1 we have has a different part here (a difference between versions I was not aware of) so we do not have a comparison. Can anyone with this same version confirm/deny if this part looks right? I cannot see any deformation but there are slight rub marks on the bottom and a gap when it is fully up/down that makes me think it is.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20160201_bent02.jpg
    20160201_bent02.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 55
  • 2016-02-01 10.59.38.jpg
    2016-02-01 10.59.38.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 57
Looks a little bent to me, or almost like it's become slightly separated from the white plastic bushing. (Especially on your pic from the front) Here's mine. I also have the first model so I know what you mean. It is different around the main landing gear servo.
8b68565b1e4c9a23e56f2cb509f7fb80.jpg
440a618b1cac9459ffd37bb3b9b5db43.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: turbodronepilot
I was afraid of that <sigh> Now to find out what that part is called and if anyone will sell it to us <lol>

Thanks!

I'd suggest the entire assembly (not what you want to hear I know ) but I found them for pretty cheap on eBay after I crashed my first inspire in salt water. I think I saw them for this model for 200$ ish. Who knows what else could be bent in there. Check the classifieds on here also, as of a week ago there were a few of these assemblies in there. Good luck !

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Take a very close look at the whole arm mech as that's taken some force from the looks of it especially the knuckles where the pins go through on each side as that's another area that gets damaged fairly easy

Hope you get it sorted.

Yes, you should be able to find them for less. I've seen them here in the classifieds for $125 for the whole assembly.

Reactions: STClassic01
disassemble the transform assembly by removing the lower frame plate and the three torx screws that retain the lead screw's lower bearing. There's other affiliated parts to remove, the circlips through the inner and outer sections to remove the rods.

Take it to an engineering shop and get someone with some finesse and smarts to use a press to get it back into shape. Check the lead screw for bending at the same time.

The above is the easier option than replacing the entire centre frame section which needs the Inspire to be disassembled to every single individual component.
Plus the cost of the entire centre frame assembly is quite frankly ridiculous, made even worse when you only need one individual part to do a repair.

peace out

We sent it to Drone Nerds in Florida and after paying $99 extra for 48 hour turnaround service we had it back in no time. Total cost including shipping both ways it was just a hair under $1000. They replace the central unit as described above and one of the landing gear pieces. I have no complaints at all with their service. It is worth the extra few dollars to have it done by a certified vendor in my opinion.

I'd suggest the entire assembly (not what you want to hear I know ) but I found them for pretty cheap on eBay after I crashed my first inspire in salt water. I think I saw them for this model for 200$ ish. Who knows what else could be bent in there. Check the classifieds on here also, as of a week ago there were a few of these assemblies in there. Good luck !

Were you able to salvage your AC after the salt water crash? I thought they were toast after being dunked in salt water.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont