Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Blue garbage inside motors?

Reaction score
Who else got sticky blue stuff inside their Inspire 2 motors? Noticed this when doing an inspection/maintenance of my AC. Is this normal? I think if that will come loose when flying it will cause the motors to fail in air.

IMG_0965.JPGIMG_0964.JPG

This may be used for balancing or maybe the glue for the magnets. Does this look loose or is it glued in place? if it is loose, I would consider this faulty and send it in.

Anyone else have the same blue gel/glue inside of their motors?

I will create a support ticket and get a statement from DJI Support as well.

All 4 of my motors have this tiny blue bar inside the motors. might be balancing?
If it is a solid matter and it is attached firmly to the can and it does not interfere with free spinning of the motor, I'd say it is balancing compound and would not worry about it.

Last edited:
Is it a coating or paint-like, attached to something like paint? It's hard to tell in the photos but it looks like a piece of thin blue plastic shopping bag. I'm sure it's not but the irregular edges and crinkly surface make it look like a piece of debris that you could pull out with tweezers. If it's debris you definitely need to get it out of there. If it's a coating or paint-like, I bet it's ok to leave it alone and it won't cause any issues.

Is it a coating or paint-like, attached to something like paint? It's hard to tell in the photos but it looks like a piece of thin blue plastic shopping bag. I'm sure it's not but the irregular edges and crinkly surface make it look like a piece of debris that you could pull out with tweezers. If it's debris you definitely need to get it out of there. If it's a coating or paint-like, I bet it's ok to leave it alone and it won't cause any issues.
Did you read my post? Before giving advice about removing it, contact Tech Support and ask about the puropse of those blue blobs.IMHO it is motor balancing counter weight. It looks like a hot glue or some kind of glue purposely attached to the can. I personally would not be removing it unless it is causing problem. I've got it in each motor also and one of my motors have two such small blobs next to each other.

You are not assisting by giving a wrong advice. By doing so, you can do more harm than good.

I don't believe you read my post well. I was trying to ascertain if it was debris or not. If debris, it should be removed. If it looked intentional, it would be OK to leave alone. I did not give improper advice nor did I deserve a scolding.

I don't believe you read my post well. I was trying to ascertain if it was debris or not. If debris, it should be removed. If it looked intentional, it would be OK to leave alone. I did not give improper advice nor did I deserve a scolding.
You have suggested that it is possibly a debries and advised to use tweezers to try to remove it. Wrong assumption and wrong advice. It is a motor balancing compound and as such it should be left allone, period.

And let’s leave it there guys before it gets nasty(er).

Yes it is balancing compound. Very common and found within most brushless motors in one form or another to dynamically balance the bell housing.

No it should not be tampered with or removed. Doing so will mean the motor will be thrown off balance during rotation and cause undue stress/wear to the bearings as well as potentially transmitting vibrations through the motor mounts and airframe.

And let’s leave it there guys before it gets nasty(er).

Yes it is balancing compound. Very common and found within most brushless motors in one form or another to dynamically balance the bell housing.

No it should not be tampered with or removed. Doing so will mean the motor will be thrown off balance during rotation and cause undue stress/wear to the bearings as well as potentially transmitting vibrations through the motor mounts and airframe.
Agree.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth