Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Bottom left Prop laggard

How does it feel when spun by hand comparing to the other three?
Temp is good

Hand spin good

I was looking at some of my footage, pixel peeping actually and just happen to notice it. 85% of the time I record my take-offs.

Only on that particular time did this occur. Figured I’d share.

Temp is good

Hand spin good

I was looking at some of my footage, pixel peeping actually and just happen to notice it. 85% of the time I record my take-offs.

Only on that particular time did this occur. Figured I’d share.
I'd say keep your eye on it. In simple terms, it should not be like that. It could be a sign of a bearing going bad..

I’m not sure what you are concerned about?

Is it that the left rear prop appears to stop spinning momentarily just before take-off?

If so, then this is likely to be an illusion caused by the strobe effect whilst the prop speed happened to be in sync with the frame rate of the camera that captured the video.

Reactions: slim.slamma
I

Is it that the left rear prop appears to stop spinning momentarily just before take-off?

If so, then this is likely to be an illusion caused by the strobe effect whilst the prop speed happened to be in sync with the frame rate of the camera that captured the video.
I would like to hope that he did not rise this concern based on watching his own video. He said one laggard prop, so I take his word for it..

Yes Sir the momentary stop caught my eye.

But it's just that 1 rear left.

Ok though I hear you, the frame rate. Pondering now for sure.

From a different perspective I love my Uk members.

I wouldn't worry about it.
If you look, your right front prop appears to idle faster than your left rear.
All motors will constantly change speed depending on what the IMU tells the flight controller to do. Don't forget you are not actually flying these machines, the flight controller is.
As soon as you apply throttle, the IMU senses the slight change in attitude of the aircraft and will apply a little more thrust to the rear left motor.
You might want to try an IMU calibration but more than that I would not concern yourself. :)

I wouldn't worry about it.
If you look, your right front prop appears to idle faster than your left rear.
All motors will constantly change speed depending on what the IMU tells the flight controller to do. Don't forget you are not actually flying these machines, the flight controller is.
As soon as you apply throttle, the IMU senses the slight change in attitude of the aircraft and will apply a little more thrust to the rear left motor.
You might want to try an IMU calibration but more than that I would not concern yourself. :)
If I knew that the OP was concerned based on watching the little video he recorded himself I would not even mention the bearings etc. Video can play crazy optical ilusions when the frame rate start to sync with the spinning frequency. It can make the wheels of a moving tractor look to spin backwards for example. To sum it up, video is a totally and completely unreliable indicator of propeller laggardness.:p

Reactions: slim.slamma
If I knew that the OP was concerned based on watching the little video he recorded himself I would not even mention the bearings etc. Video can play crazy optical ilusions when the frame rate start to sync with the spinning frequency. It can make the wheels of a moving tractor look to spin backwards for example. To sum it up, video is a totally and completely unreliable indicator of propeller laggardness.:p
Yup - doesn't get more crazy than this.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry