Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Brand new here with a buying question

Reaction score
Hello, I am brand new to this site. I currently operate a DJi Inspire 1 v2 at my profession. UAS pilot for Fire/Rescue. I also operate the Phantom 4 Pro. My question/dilemma is this...

I am looking at buying an Inspire for my personal use. Quite honestly, I cannot justify the extra $1,000 that DJi wants for an Inspire 2. The current model that I operate is quite fine for what I want to do off duty.

I have heard rumors that DJi has discontinued the Inspire 1 in all it's forms. Sooo... is it worth it to pay the $1,700 for a new Inspire 1 v2? Will the batteries be around for a while? If not, are there alternative 3rd parties that will make batteries for these birds?

I'm not too worried if it will no longer be supported per say because I deal in electronic stuff anyway. I'm just trying to get a feel for if I would still get plenty of use from the purchase, or should I save up and get the v2.

Thank you.

DJI has sold 7,500 Ispire 1's and 2,500 Inspire 2's as of December last year. With that many customers out there I would think DJI and others will be providing batteries and parts for the foreseeable future. I have an I2 and love it but in hindsight an I1 I would have probably suited most of my needs. certainly personal flying.

Reactions: Jlarcher
Hello, I am brand new to this site. I currently operate a DJi Inspire 1 v2 at my profession. UAS pilot for Fire/Rescue. I also operate the Phantom 4 Pro. My question/dilemma is this...

I am looking at buying an Inspire for my personal use. Quite honestly, I cannot justify the extra $1,000 that DJi wants for an Inspire 2. The current model that I operate is quite fine for what I want to do off duty.

I have heard rumors that DJi has discontinued the Inspire 1 in all it's forms. Sooo... is it worth it to pay the $1,700 for a new Inspire 1 v2? Will the batteries be around for a while? If not, are there alternative 3rd parties that will make batteries for these birds?

I'm not too worried if it will no longer be supported per say because I deal in electronic stuff anyway. I'm just trying to get a feel for if I would still get plenty of use from the purchase, or should I save up and get the v2.

Thank you.
various places still carry/sell the Inspire 1 batteries. and parts are out there for repairs if needed. also i have two used kits im selling if interested. one is a white v1 with x3 camera, 1 rc, 3 batteries, and spare props id do $1,400 shipped to the lower 48. then i also have a black V2, 3 batteries, 1 rc, spare props, currently no camera but i can take the x3 from the white kit. ill go $1300 shipped no camera, or $1500 shipped with x3. the black one was a back up and has only been in the air 4 times. can message me for pictures and questions

Hi newtek, from one newb to another. Re; your query about batteries,

i have just spent the weekend sourcing supplies for my new (to me) I1v2.0 Pro and, though i'm not promoting this product, nor did/will i purchase one till i read further field users feedback, i did come across this (among others)...

5700mAh Intelligent Flight Battery TB48 Battery For DJI Inspire 1 | eBay

By my reckoning, if these are say, relabled "brown" products from the OEM's factory, then they will at least be in spec, though how 'reliable' may be questionable.

My point is, though the Inspire V1 has been Discontinued, and until all the new gadgets for the I V2 materialize, the I1V2.0 will still have it's place for some time yet,perhaps 2-3 years min. imo, and you can do a whole lotta flying, videoing and snapping in that time...

The other point is,... "imitation is the highest form of flattery", ergo, when other's begin to replicate what you are doing, the market, for a time, will retain stability, if not longevity, so just buy the BEST "your budget" , and closest for your NEEDS, can afford, and go FLYYYY!!!!.

BTW, as an aside... in my recently just past journey, i managed to buy a Genuine DJi TB48 (white) from Asia, and also picked up a "Refurbished Unit" (also white) here in Aus, so will hold off until i have them both here and do a diagnostic on them via charger/DJI Go app, and see how they firstly stack against each other, and followed by a field assessment, what life expectancy (not literal for all, obviously) can be achieved...and see which is the better value.:p

P.S.> Most I1V2.0 parts (frame, nacho shell, arms, braces, etc) are interchangeable w/I1 in any case, whichever you decide to buy. Another tip, buy low flight hour AC based on build date and Go app info... get seller to send screenshots. Good VALUE bargains to be had, in fact, most of my RC Hangar has been built that way, especially with NIB (wrong purchase, un-started/unfinished project parts etc) and AS NEW parts. ;)

Just my thoughts when deciding which AC "suited ME best" and ymmv. :D

Last edited:
I hear ya, that's why i said i didn't get one, but i won't indiscriminately disregard them either. It has been shown that less than a handful (one only?) of places make these for DJI, ergo, it would have been built according to DJI specs, but may have one weak cell etc, and therefore a "brown" product, still fit for resale, just not to DJI's standards.

I will await more time for them on the market to reveal their worth,...or not, as the case may be.

A.U.S.

Thank you.
If you want to stay with the Inspire 1, another option is a factory refurbished unit. They come with the same warranty as new and retail for $1499. They are the v2 version and come with the same thing the regular Inspire 1 kit comes with (remote, x3, battery, OEM case, etc).

We expect parts and accessories to be available for a while - there are a lot of Inspire 1 pilots out there who are very satisfied with their copters and will continue to fly them.

If you find yourself interested in this concept at all, send us a message. As someone who works in public safety, you will have access to some added benefits that would help you with this purchase.

Thanks!

Thank you for all the info. I’m still on the fence as to what to buy, but I am definitely leaning toward the 1 v2. However, looking at all the ones available, I am definitely seeing a “trend” where the ad will say it is an Inspire 1 v2, however the model is a T600 and not a T601. Anyone know why this is?

Thank you for all the info. I’m still on the fence as to what to buy, but I am definitely leaning toward the 1 v2. However, looking at all the ones available, I am definitely seeing a “trend” where the add will day it is an Inspire 1 v2, however the model is a T600 and not a T601. Anyone know why his is?
when DJI switched to the V2 they still had some V1 stuff so they used up the parts the T600 may be a V2 if it has the newer woven carbon fiber arms, 3510H motors+esc, and the larger X5 vibration board

Reactions: newtek007
Some people don't know the difference, or intentionally list them (eBay) as V2.0 to make it sound like a better deal.
I saw one recently on eBay listed as a V2.0 but the picture was a stock picture and it was of the T600.
(Camera mounting board a dead giveaway.)
Would you trust that much money to a misrepresentor? Not me.

If you want to stay with the Inspire 1, another option is a factory refurbished unit. They come with the same warranty as new and retail for $1499. They are the v2 version and come with the same thing the regular Inspire 1 kit comes with (remote, x3, battery, OEM case, etc).

We expect parts and accessories to be available for a while - there are a lot of Inspire 1 pilots out there who are very satisfied with their copters and will continue to fly them.

If you find yourself interested in this concept at all, send us a message. As someone who works in public safety, you will have access to some added benefits that would help you with this purchase.

Thanks!
I am assuming you guys sell the refurbed units? And not DJI?

My personal advice would be that, unless you plan on utilizing dual-operator mode or the HDMI port, get a P4P. While I certainly agree the P4P hasn't near the "wow factor," the camera is better. It's more stable. It's more wind resistant. It flies longer. It's smaller. It's easier and quicker to deploy and on and on and on. I love my Inspire 1, v2, and it has served me well. But for most jobs, photos and/or video, the P4P is simply a better platform. That said...

The X5 has a larger sensor than the P4P, but the P4P sensor is larger than the X3. So, unless you plan on doing night shots with the X5, the P4P (with it's 20MP camera), is the better choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: GadgetGuy
DJI has sold 7,500 Inspire 1's and 2,500 Inspire 2's as of December last year.
May I ask where you got those numbers from? They sound extremely low, but that's just a WAG on my part, although the first clue would be the over 25,000 members here on just the InspirePilots forum alone! Are similar sales numbers available from the same source for the other DJI aircraft, such as the P4P and P4 and P3P, to test the accuracy of the Inspire sales numbers, and fulfill my curiosity about sales of each?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudyLions