Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Brand new Inspire 1 with controller constantly beeping...

Reaction score
Okay, just got my Inspire 1, charged up the controller and the main battery. I turn on the controller and it's constantly beeping with the red light flashing.

what am I doing wrong already? I sure hope this isn't a sign of many things to come...

okay, I figured it out. Apparently the RC needed to be calibrated. I look in the manual under the RC blinking light status section and it didn't say anything about the constant beeping sound. so much for good instructions from the manual.

thanks for replying....

okay, I figured it out. Apparently the RC needed to be calibrated. I look in the manual under the RC blinking light status section and it didn't say anything about the constant beeping sound. so much for good instructions from the manual.

thanks for replying....
Actually it does state the beeping sound as 'D-D-D......' on page 32 of the Inspire 1 User Manual.

Actually it does state the beeping sound as 'D-D-D......' on page 32 of the Inspire 1 User Manual.
make sure you do the firmware upgrade, on inspire and the radio. Then calibrate the compass and imu before you fly. Even though the imu check says its okay, calibrate it anyway.

make sure you do the firmware upgrade, on inspire and the radio. Then calibrate the compass and imu before you fly. Even though the imu check says its okay, calibrate it anyway.

check. I just did the IMU calibration and I'm about to fly her for the first time. My heart is racing super fast. I'm so terrified of something going wrong with my newly purchased $3K item. I was going to return my Phantom 3 Pro but I don't think I'm gonna do that just yet.

You mentioned, "Apparently the RC needed to be calibrated" to stop the beeping. How do you do that? Your not talking about the compass calibration when you rotate 360, then flip 90 degrees and rotate again are you? Relatively new to this...

You mentioned, "Apparently the RC needed to be calibrated" to stop the beeping. How do you do that? Your not talking about the compass calibration when you rotate 360, then flip 90 degrees and rotate again are you? Relatively new to this...

No. I had to calibrate both sticks on the controller through the app on my tablet. There's a RC calibrate option within the app.

Reactions: Mark Kibbe
Okay, just got my Inspire 1, charged up the controller and the main battery. I turn on the controller and it's constantly beeping with the red light flashing.

what am I doing wrong already? I sure hope this isn't a sign of many things to come...
Calibrate your joystick. Copter off, controller on, controller icon at top in GO AP. Hit calibrate joysticks, follow directions. Beeping stops. This crap just started with the last GO update.

Calibrate your joystick. Copter off, controller on, controller icon at top in GO AP. Hit calibrate joysticks, follow directions. Beeping stops. This crap just started with the last GO update.
This is a bit of a necro thread - two years old now. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters