Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Broken zipper... Alternative?

Reaction score
So after having my inspire for TWO days the zippers have become unusable!!
The first zipper came off its track the first time opening it.
So I used one zipper to zip all the war around the case. After opening and closing it maybe 5 times, some of the teeth on the track for bent (along one of the corners) and now I can't even get the zipper past that point.
I'll have to cut the whole zipper track out just to open the **** thing!! Super annoyed.
Anyway- does anyone have any idea on what kinda of latches I could buy to retrofit onto the case?
I'm just wondering if putting screws through the case will hold alright...
Any ideas??

Reactions: breathein
I have 2 birds and the zipper was buggered on one the day it arrived... the second case had the handle break off after a few trips out shooting. I like the size of the case for the car, don't want to lug a pelican style case for every day use. I'll see what B&H says

Hey guys,

Just done a search & found this thread about the zipper on the standard case.

So it's not just me then:( my zipper played up on day one, only had my I1 just over a week now & it's screwed completely now....... Surely they Should last longer than that?:eek:

Gonna see if I can get a replacement case, well I gonna try;)

One of the handles on my ZIP broke off after a week, the other one has held up so far.
Its a crappy design though as they stand proud and get abshed a lot

I must admit the case is very nice but not robust which is a shame.

I'll let you guys know how I get on with a replacement one, if I get one:(
I just thought it would last longer than a couple of days......

Contacted the dealer who sold me the I1, they said they would send out a new case, great I thought...;) Next day I got an email from them saying that I need to contact DJI, here we go I thought...:( Soooo I contacted DJI & there reply was I need to contact the supplier that sold me the I1 but they did say that they would send out the faulty part, what a zip:D but I would need to pay shipment charges:eek:

So I think I'm in a catch 22 situation now, not gonna get a replacement case:(

Surely it's a faulty product so should be replaced? I've looked at other cases & cant beleave the prices of them, rather by another battery:)

Anyone had any luck with getting a new case?

Is the case one of those items listed with an asterisk on the "in the box" sheet? Meaning it's not covered by warranty?

Either way, my opinion of the case is that it's truly just a shipping case for the purpose of minimizing damage during the shipping process so that it survives long enough to reach the end use customer.

I just made a request through B&H... Tell you what I hear back soon. FYI, the broken case handle hardware... Got replacement parts for it right here on inspire pilots forum. Have a look at this thread.
http://www.inspirepilots.com/threads/case-handle-broke.750/
That's intresting;) so if I have problems with my handle I'll know where to go;) thanks for that:)
Yep I'd be very interested in how you get on with your problem, let me know;)

Is the case one of those items listed with an asterisk on the "in the box" sheet? Meaning it's not covered by warranty?

Either way, my opinion of the case is that it's truly just a shipping case for the purpose of minimizing damage during the shipping process so that it survives long enough to reach the end use customer.

I just thought the zipper would last longer than a day or so:( I would just like to say the sock case does look very professional, would just like to carry on using it but hey ho..;)

Last edited:
Update,

I've just had a email regarding my replacement DJI case:) After about a 2 months wait I'm finally getting it, I can't believe it......

I'd wrote the new case off after all the emails from the supplier/DJI passing the buck but it all worked out fine.

Happy chappie;)

Update,

I've just had a email regarding my replacement DJI case:) After about a 2 months wait I'm finally getting it, I can't believe it......

I'd wrote the new case off after all the emails from the supplier/DJI passing the buck but it all worked out fine.

Happy chappie;)
Which case did you get for the time between the broken case and the new one replaced by DJI? I've owned mine for a week and the zipper is jammed. Since day 1 it has been a poor zipper; it would be very temperamental to be able to actually zip the teeth together.

So after having my inspire for TWO days the zippers have become unusable!!
The first zipper came off its track the first time opening it.
So I used one zipper to zip all the war around the case. After opening and closing it maybe 5 times, some of the teeth on the track for bent (along one of the corners) and now I can't even get the zipper past that point.
I'll have to cut the whole zipper track out just to open the **** thing!! Super annoyed.
Anyway- does anyone have any idea on what kinda of latches I could buy to retrofit onto the case?
I'm just wondering if putting screws through the case will hold alright...
Any ideas??
They say its a good thing to use candle wax to make the zippers move freely. I did with mine and it works great.

Which case did you get for the time between the broken case and the new one replaced by DJI? I've owned mine for a week and the zipper is jammed. Since day 1 it has been a poor zipper; it would be very temperamental to be able to actually zip the teeth together.

I just carried on using the same case but used bungee rope to keep the case closed. Worked for me.

The replacement case is working fine at the mo, no problem with the zip as yet but time will tell.

The zipper is defiantly the weakest part of the case which is a same.

@DennisR
Thanks for the tip, will give that a go;)

Reactions: breathein
I just carried on using the same case but used bungee rope to keep the case closed. Worked for me.

The replacement case is working fine at the mo, no problem with the zip as yet but time will tell.

The zipper is defiantly the weakest part of the case which is a same.

@DennisR
Thanks for the tip, will give that a go;)
Yes.. just get a candle and rub it along the zipper both sides and it will be smooth as a baby bum.

Defiantly be trying the candle out on the zip this weekend but I think I'll piss the wife off cos it's going to be one of her fancy ones she has around the house:eek:

Reactions: m00se

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool