Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Burning Man 2018 - Man Burn - Inspire 1 X5 (T600!!)

Have you been to the Burn before?

• Yup!

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Nope!

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • Not my thing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hey there folks! I was one of the 20 approved drone pilots for this year's Burning Man event held out in Black Rock City, Nevada. There are about 80,000 people that attend this week long event in the desert. This video is just of the Man Burn Saturday night. We are in the process of completing our second recap video with a ton of art pieces, and some fire breathing Mutant Vehicles (Art Cars).

Please Enjoy!!

Reactions: slim.slamma
Hey there folks! I was one of the 20 approved drone pilots for this year's Burning Man event held out in Black Rock City, Nevada. There are about 80,000 people that attend this week long event in the desert. This video is just of the Man Burn Saturday night. We are in the process of completing our second recap video with a ton of art pieces, and some fire breathing Mutant Vehicles (Art Cars).

Please Enjoy!!

Hi great job
Can I ask you what was your camera settings
Any tips for great night shots and videos

Hi great job
Can I ask you what was your camera settings
Any tips for great night shots and videos

Fast lens, low ISO. I think we were shooting at 200ISO and with the 25mm Olympus lens. I think it's a 1.8f
The x3 just doesn't have a large enough sensor to do any good night stuff. But the x5 is more then capable (as you can tell). Also Burning Man is fairly bright at night, so we can shoot low iso, but still be able to see things. Plus HUGE fuel powered explosions help a bit. lol

The second video has a few other night flights that are looking REALLY wonderful. Hope to have that out end of tomorrow, or Sunday. (All depends on how late we stay at the bar tonight!!)

Thanks Jay ,
I have the x5 lens for inspire one pro
Can I change out the lens on the X5. Put 25mm Olympus will it adapt.
Great lights really want to dial in for night shots and video.
Did you shoot raw and build your footage
Anyway thanks for sharing looking forward to your next one.

Thanks Jay ,
I have the x5 lens for inspire one pro
Can I change out the lens on the X5. Put 25mm Olympus will it adapt.
Great lights really want to dial in for night shots and video.
Did you shoot raw and build your footage
Anyway thanks for sharing looking forward to your next one.

Yes!! There are a couple of other lens's that you can use. I fell in love with the 25mm Olympus for video, and the 45mm for photos. These lens's allow you to be far away from your subject, but also make's it look like your nice and close (when you aren't!). But the faster lenses also help with capturing low noise night footage.

There's a little bit of post work that happens, but not to much. We shoot RAW photos, but we shoot .mov format from the camera. Then work with the native/raw .mov files in Premier. There's a little bit of "Warp Stabilizer" going on, but really not that much. There was very very little wind that night, so the gimbal was able to do what it's built to do.

Here's a list of lenses that work below. I don't recommend the zoom lens for video, but it's GREAT for photos. The Prime lenses are all good for video, but you'll want a fast f stop for night shooting.

I think the DJI MFT 15mm is the same as the Panasonic Lumix 15mm, so no need to wast time on that one. If your looking for wider then the factory lens go with the 12mm Olympus. Me personally, I'm trying to stay away from my subjects, so I like to use longer lenses. They also change the field of view to something different then your "Standard Drone View" of about 130 degrees of field of view. (think x3/gopro/Mavic views).

Prime lens:
OLYMPUS M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12mm f/2.0 Lens
OLYMPUS M.ZUIKO 17mm f/1.8 【requires an additional weight ring】
DJI MFT 15mm f/1.7 ASPH Prime Lens 【requires an additional weight ring】
Panasonic Lumix 15mm G Leica DGSummiluxf/1.7 ASPH Lens
Olympus 25mm/f1.8
Olympus45mm/f1.8

Zoom lens:
Olympus14-42/f3.5——opticalzoom can be adjusted by a sliding block in DJI GO app 【requires an additional weight ring】

(Source for list - List of lenses supported by Zenmuse X5 )

Oh! Also, the micro 4/3's sensor will just about double the focal length of your lens. So a 15mm looks like a 28'ish mm. the 25mm will be closer to a 50mm (really about 47mm), and the 45mm acts as basically an 80mm. It's because this is a super crop sensor, vs a standard crop (like a Rebel series Canon), vs a full sensor (like a 5d Mark 4 Canon) (Can you tell I'm a Canon person otherwise? Canon/DJI/Zenmuse and GoPro are my camera brands right now.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fivafi