Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Cache Map in Background?

Reaction score
Forgive me if this subject is on another thread...I did a search and did not find this being discussed.

I am monitoring my Inspire using an Ipad-air without 3G. How does the Cache Maps in the Background work?

I would really like to be able to have the map function working from wherever I am flying.

Do I keep this Cache Maps in Bacground switch on in the settings menu?

This map function is really great...to be able to switch back and forth from the camera view to the map view, showing the direction the craft is flying is very helpful. I just want to make sure that I am doing this correctly.

Also, when I am out flying, should I turn the wi-fi switch off on my I pad?

Thanks.

Just leave the setting as is...and remember to switch off Wi-Fi before starting motors...

Forgive me if this subject is on another thread...I did a search and did not find this being discussed.

I am monitoring my Inspire using an Ipad-air without 3G. How does the Cache Maps in the Background work?

I would really like to be able to have the map function working from wherever I am flying.

Do I keep this Cache Maps in Bacground switch on in the settings menu?

This map function is really great...to be able to switch back and forth from the camera view to the map view, showing the direction the craft is flying is very helpful. I just want to make sure that I am doing this correctly.

Also, when I am out flying, should I turn the wi-fi switch off on my I pad?

Thanks.

With a WiFi only iPad, you'll obviously need to cache the maps of whatever area you intend to fly in while still connected to WiFi. Move your map in the app over the area and surrounding areas at as low a range as possible to cache the map at the highest resolution. Make sure to get as much of the area as possible, because what if you change your mind and move to an adjacent area? Your iPad will be able to store a large amount of map area, but it is tedious to cache large areas at low range. Hopefully there will be a solution to this down the road.

You can keep the switch on, but when ready to fly, be sure to go to Airplane mode to avoid possible interference with the controller.

If you run out of map in the field but have an iPhone that can still get cellular, it's possible to use your phone as a WiFi hotspot to cache maps to your iPad. Once again, turn your phone to Airplane mode when flying.

Very helpful...makes sense.

Keep the Cache Maps switch to on. Connect to WI Fi in the area I'm about to fly in...fire up the Pilot App...make sure the map is showing, enlarge the area the map is showing to include more than I will need. Then before I fly, make sure my WI FI is on airplane mode, before I start the process of starting the remote and Inspire...I think that's what I should be doing. Again, I'm not really up to speed with smart phones, I pads, etc. Thanks,

Another basic question, I'm sure. Battery charging. Is it OK to charge the Inspire battery and the Remote Control module at the same time? I've seen demos with folks doing this...but DJI manual says not to? Thanks

Another basic question, I'm sure. Battery charging. Is it OK to charge the Inspire battery and the Remote Control module at the same time? I've seen demos with folks doing this...but DJI manual says not to? Thanks
No...charge individually

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool