Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

calibrating compass with camera installed

dji

Reaction score
Hi guys, when I do the vertical 360 spin, the camera can't hold its weight and falls down slightly, after this the gimbal motors start to make a bit of a squeeling noise, so I now calibrate with the cam off, everything works fine then, anyone else having this issue?

I don't think its a problem. but stand to be corrected.
btw is there a way to change your screen name to dji dave or something as overtime I see a post from you I think its an official dji notice

Reactions: DennisCox
.....btw is there a way to change your screen name to dji dave or something as overtime I see a post from you I think its an official dji notice

Not only that - DJI can potentially get huffy about these sort of things - Pm sent

Hi guys, when I do the vertical 360 spin, the camera can't hold its weight and falls down slightly, after this the gimbal motors start to make a bit of a squeeling noise, so I now calibrate with the cam off, everything works fine then, anyone else having this issue?
You should ALWAYS calibrate you compass with any accessories/payload/peripherals in place. Anything metallic will have an effect on the magnetic flux surrounding your craft and could potentially skew the compass calibration resulting in a bad cal.
The craft is designed to be calibrated with the gimbal in place - it will simply go into hibernation if any undue stress is detected.

Reactions: Clampit
I just thought about this when i calibrated the compass on the Inspire 1 for the first time, the gimbal started to make an unpleasant noice when you turn the aircraft with its nose down.
Can we be sure its not harmful for the gimbal even though it makes these noises?

Judging from the sounds it made it doesn't seem like it went into hibernation?

I've always calibrated the compass with the gimbal attached, I've had no problems to date.;)

I do agree with what the editor has said regarding this;)

Reactions: lrwskyfilms

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters