Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Non nadir Camera Angle with Drone Deploy missions

Reaction score
I have been unable to find a solution yet to the problem of the camera (X7, X5) angle not being nadir when I fly a DroneDeploy mission. I have full functionality when flying the DJI Go4 App, everything behaves perfectly, however, when I try and fly a DD mission the aircraft takes off, flies to the start point and points the camera down about 30 degrees up from vertical (nadir). All firmware versions have been updated. It seems to occur on my Matrice 210 as well. When starting up the camera and gimbal run through the auto calibration and it points straight ahed and level. Once launched in DD it goes wonky. Anybody else having the same problem?

You're not using ENHANCED 3D > CROSSHATCH are you? If you are, 65 degrees is what it is programmed to fly. Either turn it off or use the CROSSHATCH from the AUTOMATED FLIGHT MODES instead where you can specify the gimbal angle.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: JCFP
"Nadir" is straight down at a 90° angle perpendicular to the horizon. This is often reported as "0°" in mapping software. 30° would be "oblique."

Nadir (0° in software):

DJI_0010.JPG

Oblique (20° in software):

DJI_0321.JPG

Oblique (25° in software):

DJI_0346.JPG

D

Attachments

• DJI_0346.JPG
    DJI_0346.JPG
    8.8 MB · Views: 4
  • DJI_0495.JPG
    DJI_0495.JPG
    8.2 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Agreed with Map Pilot. I never tried GS Pro after reading their Terms of Service.
(TLTR: You have to give DJI permission to use all of your data. Nah, I'll pass.)

Is that GS Pro 2? I haven't used GS Pro in about a year, but I never allowed GS Pro 2 to install because I didn't like how much it wanted to dig its meat hooks into my iPad and droning experience. So, because I never allowed it to even begin to install, I never saw the EULA. Pretty bad, eh?

D

TBH, I was surprised when I read the Terms of Use because it was right when DJI was taking it on the chin by gov't and others about their use of data. But, there is was in black and white saying they wanted the right to collect your data. I never tried it after that. I don't know if they have changed their TOS since then.

tos.png

TBH, I was surprised when I read the Terms of Use because it was right when DJI was taking it on the chin by gov't and others about their use of data. But, there is was in black and white saying they wanted the right to collect your data. I never tried it after that. I don't know if they have changed their TOS since then.

View attachment 28606

Yep...I believe I remember reading that a couple years ago. Definitely a deal breaker. I still us GS Pro 1, but only offline.

D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizamartin8033