Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Camera fan fault

Reaction score
Just completed the firmware update which was mostly successful although not very positive. Next time I will definitely do the drone first and controller last. Oops.

Anyway after the update process the camera started to get rather hot and the little fan on the back of the camera is not running. Obviously the drone is sitting in my room with the blades off no motors running etc. Should the wee fan run when the camera is hot or does it only run when the drone is flying?

Bit worried that I have a defective camera and its only a couple of weeks old.

Both fans should run continuously.
The one in the lightbridge unit in the Inspire and the little one at the rear of the camera.

Just completed the firmware update which was mostly successful although not very positive. Next time I will definitely do the drone first and controller last. Oops.

Anyway after the update process the camera started to get rather hot and the little fan on the back of the camera is not running. Obviously the drone is sitting in my room with the blades off no motors running etc. Should the wee fan run when the camera is hot or does it only run when the drone is flying?

Bit worried that I have a defective camera and its only a couple of weeks old.

Endjinnear, did you ever get this resolved? I am experiencing the same problem. Camera is getting so hot you can not hold it.

No I haven't have time to contact and send the drone to germany but I need to. Seems okay when I fly it just very noticable when I was doing the updates.

I went back to my dealer and he indicated it was a defect, fan should always be running on the camera. Fortunately I have a great dealer and he sent me a replacement camera.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips