Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 JS04X- Ready for fly!!!!

I am amazed that you have not read the above, the drone uses the thermal camera .......
In my post I talked about gas ...... but not all gases are explosive, but many are dangerous for human life, do you know ammonia ???
I am really sorry, I thought that within this forum I could find constructive and interesting people ....... instead it was not. There is much interest in judging and little in understanding things well.

PS (can someone point me to a drone with similar characteristics .... with atex certified ..... so I buy it and do it first !!)
Example.....

ATEX certified?????!???? mh........

Example.....

ATEX certified?????!???? mh........
Actually, those are the higher end DJI offerings...

Again, there is a massive amount of money being expended on doing this... Buy a S1000, M600Pro or any other commercial platform and do you mods and see who is interested in buying it... Unless it is using the development platform stuff from those vendors, no one will even consider your pet project. Just a dose of realism.

I am amazed that you have not read the above, the drone uses the thermal camera .......
In my post I talked about gas ...... but not all gases are explosive, but many are dangerous for human life, do you know ammonia ???
I am really sorry, I thought that within this forum I could find constructive and interesting people ....... instead it was not. There is much interest in judging and little in understanding things well.

PS (can someone point me to a drone with similar characteristics .... with atex certified ..... so I buy it and do it first !!)

Another thing that should be obvious if you expect to try and get this aircraft officially certified for high risk environments (which it won’t get) Is the fact that the Inspire 1 has no redundant systems onboard.
You have have cobbled together an auxiliary battery to provide a level of power source redundancy but this is not sufficient for profession/industrial operation.

At the least you should have true redundant power delivery systems, dual compass, dual IMU, dual GPS and twin ESC/FET data paths. These are all already offered on other Commercially available UAS.
For true redundancy three systems can be employed but the flight controller would need to have the logic to monitor all three systems and ‘lockout’ a faulty/erroneous signal coming from any one sensor.

I applaud your project but please do not be under any illusions that this will or can be employed into a harsh and/or dangerous environment for commercial applications or be retrospectively ATEX certified.

In case you feel I am just sounding off unnecessarily and not really understanding what I am talking about or what you are attempting, I hold commercial UAV certification and operate a fleet of various UAS including heavy lift rigs. I am additionally certified for close proximity flying (OSC) by the CAA (UK).
I also have a degree in electronic engineering so can recognize half decent soldering and engineering when I see it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fastprintstar