Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Can a Canadian UAV operator fly in the US commercially?

Reaction score
Hey all

I'm a Transport Canada certified UAV operator here in Canada. I have an SFOC which is similar to the Part 107 in the states.

I have a potential gig coming up soon that would require shoots in Boston and San Francisco. Does one out there know if this is possible, to fly commercially in the states? Is there an exemption that can be applied for for pilots who are certified in foreign countries?

Any advice would be great!

Un
Hey all

I'm a Transport Canada certified UAV operator here in Canada. I have an SFOC which is similar to the Part 107 in the states.

I have a potential gig coming up soon that would require shoots in Boston and San Francisco. Does one out there know if this is possible, to fly commercially in the states? Is there an exemption that can be applied for for pilots who are certified in foreign countries?

for it’s not like a drivers license
Hey all

You will have to get
Hey all

It’s not like a drivers licence but it should be. You cannot fly commercially without a 107. You can register with FAA and fly recreationally. Some day it will be like being a pilot and you will be able to fly worldwide.

I am not certain that Baker above is correct in this response.
I have some regulations that allow foreign operators exemptions from Part 107 with our Canadian groundschool training.
i wonder if anyone here can speak to some of these discrepancies.
thanks in advance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alecia4669