Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Can anyone tell me this isnt a ripoff?

View attachment 2836 This drone looks like a complete ripoff of the Inspire 1, accept for the fact that it doesnt have a 4k camera I dont see much difference. Can DJI sew for this? http://www.walkera.com/en/showgoods.php?id=2294

Just my view on it:

Whenever Chinese start to copy original western designs they somehow know exactly how to spoil everything that made the original attractive. When they copy Chinese products things usually get even uglier.
And to my eyes this is one ugly thing. Like a flying pig. I would not fly this in public without feeling like a total moron. The camera (potato) footage I saw on the video is ridiculous, doesn't even beat a P2 with a Gopro H3 Black. (OK, it was the 1080p version, but still, bad video overall). The landing gear looks really bad and seems to be quite a lot of moving parts that can break. Price is way too high (around 2500Euro I recall) for a pure hobbyist oriented copter.

Flight time is determined by the size of potato you hang off the bottom.
A baking potato limits flight substantially over a new potato.
Optical quality is identical though.

The only thing decent about the Walkera Voyager is the transmitter. It's a Devo F12E which is actually a pretty decent device.
I don't think Walkera ever expected to sell many of these. I think they were just capitalising on the Inspire being out of stock everywhere at launch and hoping that a few people would see it looked similar and buy theirs instead.
It really is a piece of junk. They couldn't even ship the promised 4k camera and instead fobbed people off with a frankly awful 1080p item that's worse than an 808.

Lol Lol Lol

I was actually impressed with the flight performance I saw in this video...
the voyager seemed to zip around like a fpv racer..
I like the aluminum parts and think it looks cool,but having the landing gear so close together means it will be easy to tip over when landing and of course no light bridge or long range capabilities ..
it's clearly a step down from the i1 and a i1 want to be ..
just shows you how far ahead dji is over its competitors ..

Last edited:
I love the exposed plastic gears, that drops the camera as it raises the landing gear ........ Now that's well thought out. Till a stone or grit gets in there

Can't Waite to see the Matrice version[emoji13]! Where's the POPCORN?
Walkera actually has a multi rotor drone named the qr x900 for around 4500.00 usd with similar hardware and you can hang a good camera on it..
I believe they have a quad thats similar too..
dji kills their competition because their pilot app and lightbridge technology is unmatched and years ahead of everyone else. .

Doesn't surprise me. DJI sold me a long time ago, Not a fan of Walkera even if they did step it up a few notches.. Whatever trends, someone wants a piece of the pie lol.. Which brings me to ask an obvious Question.. Do they honor PATENTS in China, or is it a free for all? Originality at its BEST[emoji15]

Doesn't surprise me. DJI sold me a long time ago, Not a fan of Walkera even if they did step it up a few notches.. Whatever trends, someone wants a piece of the pie lol.. Which brings me to ask an obvious Question.. Do they honor PATENTS in China, or is it a free for all? Originality at its BEST[emoji15]
I think it's whoever has the doe has the product. ..
it says a lot when a competitor can copy your stuff and it doesn't sell much ....at least compared to the volume dji cranks out...
I've been watching dji's competition and it seems they have everyone covered incuding 3dr..
I had high hopes for 3dr but I think they jumped the gun on releasing the solo too early without a gimbal especially at 1800.00 ..
seems like they're playing catch up...
anyway. ...
good job dji...

Reactions: NEJO/Wisconsin

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips