Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Can Bus where can i find it?

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know where i can find the (can bus) on the I1, i would like to put a fpv cam on it and it would be nice to tap into the can bus for osd info.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks G

+1
It would be interesting to connect a second cam for pilot with telemetry on I1.

Your going to have to open it up. I do know that you should contact
EndofDays

He has opened it up and you can prolly see the fpv cam install he did over on rrgroups

Hi, does anyone know where i can find the (can bus) on the I1, i would like to put a fpv cam on it and it would be nice to tap into the can bus for osd info.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks G
Not sure where it feeds out of the FC on the Inspire so don't know how you could tap into it. Are you familiar with the DJI CANBUS communication protocols?
Message id 02 10 (CAN id 0x090) contains the OSD data and packets between bytes 9 and 125 should give you everything you would expect for OSD.

I'm guessing you are clued up on the CANBUS data stream for you to be asking these questions?

Good luck

Your going to have to open it up. I do know that you should contact
EndofDays

He has opened it up and you can prolly see the fpv cam install he did over on rrgroups
Thanks for the info, I will look him up.
Thanks G

Not sure where it feeds out of the FC on the Inspire so don't know how you could tap into it. Are you familiar with the DJI CANBUS communication protocols?
Message id 02 10 (CAN id 0x090) contains the OSD data and packets between bytes 9 and 125 should give you everything you would expect for OSD.

I'm guessing you are clued up on the CANBUS data stream for you to be asking these questions?

Good luck
Hi,
No i don't know the canbus protocols.. What i was thinking....... Was if i could find the canbus and tap into it after figuring out the 4-wires with help.. i could put in a OSDMini and my fpv cam, I am sure it can be done, just need to figure it out, DLSR Pros offer something like this but it is not cheep, so there must be away.
Thanks for your time. and input

G

Hi,
No i don't know the canbus protocols.. What i was thinking....... Was if i could find the canbus and tap into it after figuring out the 4-wires with help.. i could put in a OSDMini and my fpv cam, I am sure it can be done, just need to figure it out, DLSR Pros offer something like this but it is not cheep, so there must be away.
Thanks for your time. and input

G

There is a CANBUS port on the back of the controller FYI.

Also, Ian Wood on the PhantomPilots.com forum knows quite a bit about the protocols: he reverse engineered them to figure out what was wrong with the Phantom 2 that caused the infamous Toilet Bowl Effect (TBE), and got DJI to fix the FC magnetic declination problem. The results of that work went into the Inspire FC firmware and is the reason your Inspire flies straight in areas of non-zero magnetic declination.

Look him up (and thank him while you're at it).

http://www.phantompilots.com/members/ianwood.6099/

Last edited:
There is a CANBUS port on the back of the controller FYI.

Also, Ian Wood on the PhantomPilots.com forum knows quite a bit about the protocols: he reverse engineered them to figure out what was wrong with the Phantom 2 that caused the infamous Toilet Bowl Effect (TBE), and got DJI to fix the FC magnetic declination problem. The results of that work went into the Inspire FC firmware and is the reason your Inspire flies straight in areas of non-zero magnetic declination.

Look him up (and thank him while you're at it).

http://www.phantompilots.com/members/ianwood.6099/

Yes, Ian knows a thing or two, especially with the battery problems also[emoji6]! Allot of DYI guys on phantom pilots, including myself lol.. You learn a thing or two experimenting, and from experienced people...

Reactions: G-unit
Hey Guys,
THANKS for all the help, I will send Ian a pm see if he can help.
Thanks for your Time and Help..
G

OK ,i sent Ian a pm ,lets hope he can help, I will let you guys know what he says.
Thanks G

I believe there is one on the front if you remove the nose cone. The Flytrex guys are utilizing it for their Fkytrex Live 3G product.

Why not the controller side? Just curious.
You are right, there is a plug in the nose. this is not my pic i just found it.
Thanks G

Attachments

• 011203wgm94r902hlaaz8y.jpg
    011203wgm94r902hlaaz8y.jpg
    460.8 KB · Views: 81
Well its been two weeks and no one replied to Pms,
I must not be in there click.:rolleyes:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member