Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Can someone explain the difference...

Reaction score
Greetings all,

I'm new to the Inspire forum (I've owned a Mavic Pro for a couple of months) and I'm looking
to purchase a used Inspire 1 v2. I've searched several different sources (eBay, Amazon [for refurbished
aircraft], various resellers [for refurbished aircraft]), etc. I've noticed that some Inspire 1 v2s have carbon
fiber arms and engine/landing gear outrigger tubes and others have what looks like a grey scale camo
pattern on their arms and engine/landing gear outrigger tubes. At first I thought that the grey scale camo pattern was offered only on the base model Inspire 1 v2 and the carbon fiber was offered on the more upscale
Pro and Raw variants. But on DJI's website they show one aircraft with the grey scale camo pattern and
one aircraft with the carbon fiber pattern on their Inspire 1 v2 Pro and Raw page. Can someone please
explain why some Inspire 1 v2s have the carbon fiber arms and some have the grey scale camo pattern?
Thank you.

Attachments

• Inspire 1 camo arms.png
    Inspire 1 camo arms.png
    328.5 KB · Views: 55
  • Inspire 1 carbon fiber arms.png
    Inspire 1 carbon fiber arms.png
    168.6 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Greets all,

I'm new to the Inspire forum (I've owned a Mavic Pro for a couple of months) and I'm looking
to purchase a used Inspire 1 v2. I've searched several different sources (eBay, Amazon [for refurbished
aircraft], various resellers [for refurbished aircraft]), etc. I've noticed that some Inspire 1 v2s have carbon
fiber arms and engine/landing gear outrigger tubes and others have what looks like a grey scale camo
pattern on their arms and engine/landing gear outrigger tubes. At first I thought that the grey scale camo pattern was offered only on the base model Inspire 1 v2 and the carbon fiber was offered on the more upscale
Pro and Raw variants. But on DJI's website they show one aircraft with the grey scale camo pattern and
one aircraft with the carbon fiber pattern on their Inspire 1 v2 Pro and Raw page. Can someone please
explain why some Inspire 1 v2s have the carbon fiber arms and some have the grey scale camo pattern?
Thank you.
I might be wrong but i believe both are carbon fiber. The varied appearance is how the Carbon Fiber was wrapped before the resin was applied. I think the woven was found to be the stronger of the 2 and therefore the change

Reactions: Advexure
Correct, both are carbon fiber. The carbon pattern was changed in one of the production wave variations. Over the course of a product’s production cycle DJI may have production variations. With the Inspire 1 they had A, B, C, D, E... If I recall correctly the carbon pattern was changed around A to B or B to C. Good question but nothing to be concerned over, hope that helps to provide some insight.

Greets all,

Thank you.
This has been discussed previously (a few times)
Please see as one example post #18 in this thread and my reply #19 (although not related to the threads title/subject matter!)
Yet another fly-away
The change was made purely for economic reasons.

There have been endless debates over which is better. One is woven CF and the other radially wound (Camo).
I have seen plenty of pictures of broken arms, all of which were the radial (camo). Not saying it is impossible to break the woven, but I think it has occurred less often.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa