Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Can you answer a question about CSC correctly?

Reaction score
Let's say you are flying your Inspire 2 and you position the sticks in one of the positions outlined in the below image.

What would happen?

There is a point to this question that I am trying to make to DJI.

141633t5hwlmop6msl5wh0.png

Let's say you are flying your Inspire 2 and you position the sticks in one of the positions outlined in the below image.

What would happen?

What would happen?

141633t5hwlmop6msl5wh0.png
The motors would stop but only if the emergy in flight motor stopping is allowed in GO4, I suppose..

Last edited:
In short, nothing will happen. I tried the CSC to shut my motors off when one of the feet of my inspire got hooked on a wire. The proper way to cut the motors during flight is to hold the throttle stick down, to the left and hold down the RTH button.

In short, nothing will happen. I tried the CSC to shut my motors off when one of the feet of my inspire got hooked on a wire. The proper way to cut the motors during flight is to hold the throttle stick down, to the left and hold down the RTH button.
Wow!!
I was skeptical so I looked it up and you are right! Page 65 of the manual. Thanks for sharing.

I wonder why the Inspire 2 is different from other DJI products.

2DB0FFC5-3140-4DAE-BF76-C622CBA686C5.jpeg

Reactions: hhung516
Wow!!
I was skeptical so I looked it up and you are right! Page 65 of the manual. Thanks for sharing.

I wonder why the Inspire 2 is different from other DJI products.

View attachment 31261
This is confusing. Read the warning line directly above the 'Stop the motors mid flight' paragraph. It reads Do not perform CSC when the aircraft is in midair, otherwise the motors will be stopped.
So which one is it??

This is confusing. Read the warning line directly above the 'Stop the motors mid flight' paragraph. It reads Do not perform CSC when the aircraft is in midair, otherwise the motors will be stopped.
So which one is it??
Well the warning is right before that section as you said so while I see what you are saying about the formatting I think the warning goes with the section below not above.

Well the warning is right before that section as you said so while I see what you are saying about the formatting I think the warning goes with the section below not above.
I do not think so! Go back one page to 64 and you will clearly see that the warning belongs to the paragraph named Starting/Stopping the motors. It goes on describing how to start and how to stop motors with CSC and last part of this paragraph is the warning.
Then the new paragraph named Stop the motor midflight begins and it has its own warning at the bottom.
So, TBH I am none of a wiser. Has anyone actually tried this motor stopping mid flight with CSC command without the RTH button? Like in real life situation when hand catching for example?

Last edited:
I do not think so! Go back one page to 64 and you will clearly see that the paragraph is named Starting/Stopping the motors. Then it goes describing how to start and how to stop motors. Last part of this paragraph is the warning.
Then the new paragraph named Stop the motor midflight begins and it has its own warning at the bottom.
So, TBH I am none of a wiser. Has anyone actually tried this motor stopping mid flight with CSC command without the RTH button? Like in real life situation?
So I tried it out in the simulator which is a good way to test these kinds of things and the traditional CSC down and in didn’t do anything whether it was enabled in the app or not.

When midair CSC is enabled and you do the down to the right and RTH button it does cut the motors mid flight. The remote beeps rapidly and I was a little surprised how instant it is. On the mavic you have to hold it for a couple of seconds before it cuts the motors.

When midair CSC is disabled the command causes the aircraft to go into rth mode.

This along with the OP’s first hand experience should put the issue to rest. It’s bad formatting in the manual nothing more.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD