Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Cannot connect to Ipad air 2.

That's cool man..
that means you'll be able to update your firmware to 1.3 with the go app...then to 1.4..
I wish I would have tried 1.3 but I don't really want to use it...
That's rad!!
good for you...
Just through the firmware for 1.3 on a usb stick and have tried to update my transmitter I do not get any of the updating chimes and the controller has a red light and does absolutely nothing. I do not even get a file stating the firmware has failed. I do not think my USB port is actually working at all.

Just tried that again an now it is actually updating for me. Hopefully I can resolve this issue.

That's cool man..
that means you'll be able to update your firmware to 1.3 with the go app...then to 1.4..
I wish I would have tried 1.3 but I don't really want to use it...
That's rad!!
good for you...

Thanks for the help and trying to point me in the right direction. Without some direction I would still be stumped. Tomorrow I will update this thread on my final outcome. Be it success or failure! LOL thanks again you rock!

Cheers Keith

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Just through the firmware for 1.3 on a usb stick and have tried to update my transmitter I do not get any of the updating chimes and the controller has a red light and does absolutely nothing. I do not even get a file stating the firmware has failed. I do not think my USB port is actually working at all.

Just tried that again an now it is actually updating for me. Hopefully I can resolve this issue.

Just checked the log files and it is showing updated successfully. Tomorrow in the day time I will update the inspire 1 and see if I get my live video feed back. So far so good! LOL fingers crossed here.

I would attempt it tonight but all that beeping might wake the sleeping wife up!
Welcome Heli-insane.From what I read here is that you have update your RC first.But Inspire has to be updated first! If you can find out what firmware version is on your Inspire you will know wich version you have.After that update your Inspire 'till latest.Then your RC "till "latest version. Remember update 1 version at the time starting with the first one from what is on Inspire /RC

Ok I did update 1.3 and cycled all 4 of my batteries.

Today I updated my inspire 1 and all 4 of my batteries to the 1.4 firmware.

When turning everything on today the first attempt resulted in no live feed on my ipad again.

Shut everything down and restarted it and all was back to normal. I have flown all 4 batteries that are numbered from 1 to 4.

All have been properly cycled but for some reason battery number 1 overall status says

"Battery needs a complete process of charging and discharging. Or else battery level may drop during flight and affect safety of your flight."

Now I have completely drained this battery down to the point of it shutting off on its own. I have then recharged it to full. I have tried this twice now and cannot get this Overall Status to change.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks
Keith

Ok I did update 1.3 and cycled all 4 of my batteries.

Today I updated my inspire 1 and all 4 of my batteries to the 1.4 firmware.

When turning everything on today the first attempt resulted in no live feed on my ipad again.

Shut everything down and restarted it and all was back to normal. I have flown all 4 batteries that are numbered from 1 to 4.

All have been properly cycled but for some reason battery number 1 overall status says

"Battery needs a complete process of charging and discharging. Or else battery level may drop during flight and affect safety of your flight."

Now I have completely drained this battery down to the point of it shutting off on its own. I have then recharged it to full. I have tried this twice now and cannot get this Overall Status to change.

Thanks
Keith
Did have this issue here also and it went away suddenly.

Reactions: heli-insane
Did have this issue here also and it went away suddenly.

Battery 1 has now been cycled 3 times and I am still getting this error code! Hopefully it will resolve itself like it did for you huppe.

Very odd considering the other 3 where updated and cycled the exact same way and do not display this issue at all.

cheers Keith

Did you fly it down 'till you reached 5%?And you're sure it has been updated?

I can put the firmware for 1.4 on the sd card through it in the inspire 1 camera slot fire up the inspire 1 and it does not try to update the battery at all. Does not do any of the upgrade beeps. NONE.

Battery 1 is also the battery I used for upgrading from 1.2 to 1.3 and I then also did the cycle for the batteries.

From there I used battery 1 to upgrade to firmware 1.4.

All other batteries show updated and this issue is not present on them at all.

I did fly it down to 5% again today and just finished charging it again to see if the issue has been resolved.

Will try again within the hour or so.

Really baffled on this one to be honest.

I can put the firmware for 1.4 on the sd card through it in the inspire 1 camera slot fire up the inspire 1 and it does not try to update the battery at all. Does not do any of the upgrade beeps. NONE.

Battery 1 is also the battery I used for upgrading from 1.2 to 1.3 and I then also did the cycle for the batteries.

From there I used battery 1 to upgrade to firmware 1.4.

All other batteries show updated and this issue is not present on them at all.

I did fly it down to 5% again today and just finished charging it again to see if the issue has been resolved.

Will try again within the hour or so.

Really baffled on this one to be honest.
Let me know.

the battery reset procedure has to do with battery voltage, sometimes they get out of wack and report incorrect power levels and due to this they will not get to the low voltage trigger that resets them at 5% cause they have more power than they think and 5% isnt really 5% if you know what im saying. sometimes its necessary, and recommended to do so every 10 charge cycles, to drain them completely till they shut off by themselves, this resets them and makes them accurate again for a while. they will get less and less accurate the more times they are charged without being reset using this procedure.

When doing this 10 cycle procedure to my batteries Ive had some batteries shut themselves off at 3-5% and other stay on a few minutes after hitting 0% which shows the counter getting out of wack with actual power levels and displaying incorrect info. One battery that had self discharged and i used to fly without fully charging it first had the sudden drop issue while flying and it sat at 0% for 30+ minutes before powering off it was so far out of wack due to a bug with the self discharge feature which i think they fixed in current firmware. this procedure reset it back to normal and havent had the problem since. I make sure to no longer use batteries that have self discharged without fully charging them first, and i set the self discharge time to 10 days to lower the likelihood of this issue occurring again.

Bottom line, if you keep getting the error message drain it till it powers itself off and that should fix it.

Reactions: turbodronepilot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips