Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Cannot get the metadata date right.

Reaction score
Apparently I am now taking photos in 1969. I am flying an Inspire 2 with X5s camera that will not show correct time and date in my metadata.

It started with my photos and videos showing that they were recorded in 2013, when I shot them in 2020. I rechecked aircraft, camera, RC, Go 4 app and Crystal Sky, for updates. Still had the same error.

After discussing this problem with some other pilots I fly with, and searching forums, I did a reset on each element starting with App, then I2, then controller. Now the date shows Wednesday, Dec 31, 1969.

I switched out the Crystal Sky for my iPad and the date stayed the same. Both of the apps on the Crystal Sky and the iPad where showing correct date and time, but meta data on image files was 196.

Different batteries have no effect. Different card sizes and brands have no effect. The same iPad/Go 4 App used with my Phantom 4 Pro shows the correct date.

App Version 4.3.24
Aircraft Version 01.02.0300
Camera Version 01.09.22.22

I hope to find a clear cut solution to this problem. A way to change or re-sync the meta data.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 2.56.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 2.56.21 PM.png
    3 MB · Views: 7
I would guess the issue is a glitch in the Crystal sky app. That is the Unix "Epoch" time start date. Actually it was Jan 1970, but is probably offset for you time zone

Your drone may be travelling back in time in an effort to alter our present. Given the abundance of UFO and Cold War mysteries we had in the late 60s and early 70s, if your Inspire is (was) spotted back then, I believe it's unlikely to (have) significantly disrupted the time-space continuum, so I say let 'er rip! If you feel yourself in a montage of any kind, that probably means things are (and were) coming to a head, and it should all be over soon (long ago).

Until the sequel.

Take lots of pictures!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa