Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Canon or sony ? Dslr or mirrorless ?

Reaction score
Canon 60d already with me for 3 years... i use for client wedding photos.. it serve me well... but i already sold it... not long ago... but now i planning to get a camera back for my works... n i get confuese shall i get dslr or micro 4/3 .. both got it own advantage and size doesnt matter for me i understand that dslr gor bigger cmos... while micro 4/3 with smaller sensor but some of it even have full frame... nid some input before i get another camera... dslr have shutter count life span... then... erm... which one are more you guy recommand?

I shoot with both DSLR and Micro 4/3. I recently got in to Micro 4/3 due to being able to share the same lenses with the X5.
I bought a Panasonic GH4 and a GX7 and you know what? I haven't touched my Canon gear since. The Electronic viewfinder on the GH4 is utterly fantastic. Being able to see the exact exposure of my shot in the viewfinder before I trigger the shutter is so **** useful. I'm a convert TBH.
However, it all comes down to what you want to shoot. If you want extreme low-light performance then Micro 4/3 probably isn't for you as it gets noisy above ISO 6400. Do you need more than 18mp for massive prints? Again, Micro 4/3 isn't for you. Do you want to shoot 4k video with all the controls and tools you could ever need? Then the GH4 is your man.
Also, budget is a consideration.

I shoot with both DSLR and Micro 4/3. I recently got in to Micro 4/3 due to being able to share the same lenses with the X5.
I bought a Panasonic GH4 and a GX7 and you know what? I haven't touched my Canon gear since. The Electronic viewfinder on the GH4 is utterly fantastic. Being able to see the exact exposure of my shot in the viewfinder before I trigger the shutter is so **** useful. I'm a convert TBH.
However, it all comes down to what you want to shoot. If you want extreme low-light performance then Micro 4/3 probably isn't for you as it gets noisy above ISO 6400. Do you need more than 18mp for massive prints? Again, Micro 4/3 isn't for you. Do you want to shoot 4k video with all the controls and tools you could ever need? Then the GH4 is your man.
Also, budget is a consideration.
Oh yeah... u have a very important point here.. can share lens on micro4/3 why i never think about that... lol

We shoot Nikon and Sony. Nikon D3, and 7100, and The Sony RX100 1 and 3. Looking at the Sony A7ii next. Have owned the Sony A6000, Nex 7, and 5 (aerial use). If your Sports or action shooting than most 4/3 or not the ticket. If your budget is good you need a true DSLR. The RX100 series for what I shoot for quick, easy non action photos, are amazing along with great video. The D3 is for our sports and racing days. I have never found the perfect camera but feel the RX100, and the future A7ii will get 75% of what we shoot.

I've pitched my Sony A7II because of low light focusing, it sucks, bad, and the battery life is not all that and a bag of chips! (Many more reasons too) Went back to my NikonD750, spot on every time, battery life is too dang good!

2536427384_cf15918e73_o_d.jpg

My understanding is the next firmware update on this one will give you 4k raw 444 at 120fps.......oh no wait a minute, sorry I was getting confused then with DJI.

Absolutely love my Sony A7R II. I wouldn't so much recommend the other A7 models for anything fast-paced due to the lack of hybrid (PD) AF though.

Reactions: alabamajack137
A7 ARE are superd would like to get it ... but it cause almost a inspire... lol now i more looking forward to sony

Just the PEN EPL-7.

Nothing fancy, but compact, nice to use, and does very well for the size and price.

I have a 1DX and a 5D mark III. I would not even compare Sony to Canon......It's like comparing a Hyundai to a Ferrari

Reactions: gruvpix
I thought that would be obvious...how many professional photographers do you see walking around with a Sony camera?
No need to get stroppy like everyone else here. Im a Canon man but you must admit, every review puts the Sony way ahead. All you people need happy pills. I'm not an idiot. I see all the reviews. Show me one where they say the Sony isn't the better cam.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CandyGolds