Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Can't exit travel mode nor connect to DJI go app INS

Reaction score
Ok,

I am new to this forum as for the last several days I have been wrestling with what I believe to be a manageable problem with my inspire with the right steps. This is the link to the DJI forum where I am not making any progress, I am farmer 10 on there too:
Controller now connects to nothing after Inspire 1 copter repair

I haven't flown my inspire for about a year and a half since I wrecked it in the fall of 2015. When I got my inspire back from DJI if I remember correctly I tried to do an update and it failed, as we were in the middle of a busy sales season I put that on the backburner for quite some time.

So here I sit.

I have an aircraft that will not come out of travel mode (blue light) I have two controllers (one brand new) that have no problem manually binding to aircraft (green light comes on) but still will not pull it out of travel mode. Both controllers also will not connect to DJI GO app (multiple cables have been tried with multiple devices). I have tried resetting both controllers and it doesn't seem to actually reset them as they will still connect to the aircraft after "resetting" them.

I believe all my firmwares and hardwares on aircraft and controllers are completely out of whack and this is why I am connecting to aircraft but can do nothing? On the other forum it has been said that the USB port is fried on controller which I find hard to believe considering one is brand new.

My frustration is beyond compare, and I am quite technologically inclined. There has to be some way to master reset everything and then bring everything up through firmware updates to bring everything current and functional? Any help is appreciated and I hope that I can repay the help sometime in the future....

Yes, I have tried to update both controllers with no response from controllers. Basically both controllers don't recognize anything plugged into the USB ports

So I am guessing that you downloaded the file on your computer to a usb drive and tried to load that into the controller. When you downloaded the file to your usb drive did you load it to the Root directory?

You are correct, and file was uploaded to the root directory, computer is a mac and the USB was formatted to FAT as it says it needs to be

I think that you need to extract the files from the bin file on your computer. In this example: Download bin file from DJI onto your computer. Extract the files from the bin file on your computer to the root directory of your usb device, not the bin file itself.

Just read somewhere that the .bin file is the correct file to put on the usb. Thanks for your attempt at help, though!

Reading that your situation is very complicated tbh and I would just open a ticket and ship it all back to DJI then argue any repair charges if they come, you have done all you can do looking at that.

Otherwise if your close to a good dealer try to contact them see what they can do.

Reading that your situation is very complicated tbh and I would just open a ticket and ship it all back to DJI then argue any repair charges if they come, you have done all you can do looking at that.

Otherwise if your close to a good dealer try to contact them see what they can do.

That is my fear. I feel if I can get an older version to download, though, I will be in ok shape and not have to wait for the decade long DJI support tickets....

Your controllers bind to the ac , you've linked them by pressing the red button on right side of ac & controller linking tab.
You've downloaded and extracted the bhn file (only} to a empty USB and plugged that into your controller...
What versions do your controller read as when you tap the About button...

Your controllers bind to the ac , you've linked them by pressing the red button on right side of ac & controller linking tab.
You've downloaded and extracted the bhn file (only} to a empty USB and plugged that into your controller...
What versions do your controller read as when you tap the About button...

Yes I have done both, the DJI Go app doesn't read the version nor connect to my controllers when they are plugged in. Here is what it reads:
Product: Unknown
Current Version: Unknown
Device disconnected

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide