Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Cant fly more then 6000 feet with my I2

Probably.... that would be out of LOS though.
I haven't done any distance tests with my I2 yet.
But, I'll tell you now, that 6000 feet would be plenty... for me anyway!
I never fly out of LOS.

Hi,
Can anyone tell me if you can fly the I2 more then 6000 f without RC signal lost?

Sometimes I can and sometimes I can not. It all depends on other signals that can interfere with your signal. Where are you flying, what is your I2 set to 2.4 or 5.8. Lots of factors come into play.

"Lots of factors come into play"
Altitude needs to be higher the further away you are due to curvature of the earth.

Reactions: SanCap
Yes maybe but distance is far behind what DJI claims the I2 can fly! If I remenber around 21000 f.

First question from me would have to be "why on earth would you want to fly at 6k feet?" If you are talking 6k feet height then apart from the obvious safety implications you will be taking photographs that look like they have been taken through a straw, just not required. If it was 6k feet distance from you, and again with the obvious safety implications and Regs applied, why would you want to spend most of your sortie in transit to the 6k feet point - just move closer in the first place and use that valuable battery power doing what the I2 is designed to do, take pictures and videos.

"Lots of factors come into play"
Altitude needs to be higher the further away you are due to curvature of the earth.
not with just 6000 feet. You wouldn't notice the curvature at all. It's just that you have to clear obstacles that get in the line of site (which your controller needs to 'see' your bird, flying that far.

First question from me would have to be "why on earth would you want to fly at 6k feet?" If you are talking 6k feet height then apart from the obvious safety implications you will be taking photographs that look like they have been taken through a straw, just not required. If it was 6k feet distance from you, and again with the obvious safety implications and Regs applied, why would you want to spend most of your sortie in transit to the 6k feet point - just move closer in the first place and use that valuable battery power doing what the I2 is designed to do, take pictures and videos.
Sorry guys I talking about distance and not height

Im flying in Brazil
I have no idea why or how you are flying 6,000 feet away, I thought the limitations in Brazil were 400ft agl but 200ft when in urban areas?
Also, isn't FPV banned in Brazil as well as flying out of LOS?
ANAC registration and insurance mandatory I believe.
Just saying.......

Reactions: Paul Jacques
Hi,
You are absolutely right those are the Flight limitation in Brazil but what Im talking about is that DJI stated on the I2 Manual a max distance of 7.000 Meters but my reality is 1829m far less of the oficial distance so Im looking if something is wrong with my bird but after searching old threads Im not alone facing this problems .I fly also a P4P+ and a Mavic who are not so professional as the I2 and have by far a better distance performance !
rgds
Peter

By the way my Drones are fully registered and I fly strictly by the regulations but for me is essential the distance performance as I will use the I2 for my land measurement .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linkyssmartwi-fi