Cant get Inspire 1 to link to Controller (AC is not blinking when linking)

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Let me start by saying that I've read a lot of threads and tried a lot of the solutions suggested here.

I have two Inspire 1 v1's. One is on 1.11 and the controller is paired with it and updated just fine. We'll refer to this as the happy Inspire.

My other Inspire 1 v1 is in travel mode (we'll call this the sad inspire). The controller was paired with the happy inspire 1, and unlinked with the sad inspire. Im guessing I updated the sad inspires controller when I used it with the happy inspire. I can't get the sad inspire's controller to pair with the sad inspire. I've rolled back the controller FW to 1.5.80 (I can't go back any further).

I can successfully get the controller to search for the aircraft, but I suspect I can't get my aircraft to search for the controller. In the videos I've watched on linking, there is a little RED/GREEN LED blinking pattern going on when the person in the video presses the red linking button. I get no blinks. My LED on the battery is blue and the LED on the controller is red.

Do I need to be in flight mode to pair an RC? Don't I need a paired RC to get into flight mode?

Im flummoxed. Im sure Im missing something, but after beating my head against it and searching, I am now just frustrated with myself.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

I've confirmed with my happy inspire has a happy blinking internal link light. Sad inspire has no blinking link light in the nose of the AC.