Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Can't update Inspire X5

Reaction score
I've been going round in circles with this one. I've done regular updates over the past two years with the Inspire X3 and X5, but for some reason I can't update the I1 X5. It simply won't start updating on startup. Has anyone else experienced this?

I found a strange thing, recently I reverted to using a slower older micro SD card (just to be sure) for upgrades after not getting anywhere and guess what, to my astonishment it worked. Not a clue why. Original lexar is now back in so, will see where it goes from there.

I ran in some interesting facts myself:

I bought an Inspire 1 V2.0 with a X3 camera last november. All firmware is now up to date.
Today I installed a new X5 camera and the Ipad says only the camera needs new firmware (is now 1.9.1.10)
So I take my computer and rush to the download page on dji.com and now it gets interesting:

Desktop
The latest X5 software WM610_FC550_FW_V01.10.01.40.bin.zip will not download!!! All other versions will, of course........
For the Inspire 1 (X3) itself WM610_FW_V01.10.01.40.bin.zip (31.3MB) is available, but I have that already installed
There is no mentioning of separate Inspire Pro (with X5 camera) software for the craft.

Mobile
So I check the mobile web site and it has more flavours!
For the Inspire itself there is firmware for the regular Inspire 1 (with X3 camera) WM610_FW_V01.10.01.40.bin (31.3MB)
There is also firmware for the Inspire pro (with X5 camera) WM610_FC550_FW_V01.10.01.40.bin (71MB)
For the X5 camera it mentions WM610_FC550_FW_V01.10.01.40.bin (but only31.4MB)

So I am sorta confused and have the following questions:
Is firmware for the craft and camera the same? (but then why the difference in size of the files?)
Why is the I1 Pro software not available on the desktop website, or is this included in the X5 firmware? (if and when it comes available again)
Is there a link in this story why some people can only upgrade with the X3 attached?
Is there a easy way to transfer downloaded files from my Iphone to the sd card?

Sorry if I missed something or this has been posted already, please enlighten me :)

I contacted DJI and found a solution:
Strangely only one piece of firmware could not be downloaded from the DJI website. By using an other web browser it was possible.
The difference in file size is caused by the integration of both camera and flight controller firmware into one file. Not very handy to use the same file name, however.
Thanks DJI for the support!

Why, is on the i1 downloads page the latest FW update indicated : Inspire 1 Firmware v01.10.01.40 (X3)
Can this also be used for a i1X5 ?
An update from 1.9.1.30+ is my last option to get my slave RC control the gimbal (with the sticks)
While testing/setting master_slave i found another bizar effect : i can start/stop the motors with a CSC of the slave sticks...
i would just like to control the cam pitch on L-stick & yaw on R-stick.
i allready followed the tips on the Master/slave thread...

Why, is on the i1 downloads page the latest FW update indicated : Inspire 1 Firmware v01.10.01.40 (X3)
Can this also be used for a i1X5 ?
An update from 1.9.1.30+ is my last option to get my slave RC control the gimbal (with the sticks)
While testing/setting master_slave i found another bizar effect : i can start/stop the motors with a CSC of the slave sticks...
i would just like to control the cam pitch on L-stick & yaw on R-stick.
i allready followed the tips on the Master/slave thread...

Hi Dxtrty,
I sent you the Inspire1 Pro firmware (aircraft and X5 firmware in one 72MB file)
The firmware you metioned (Inspire 1 Firmware v01.10.01.40 (X3)) is the standard Inspire1 firmware for the aircraft only (without X5 camera).
So yes, it is apropriate for the aircraft, but afterwards you also need to install the X5 firmware separately.
So it is much easier to install only the large 'all in one' firmware for the Inspire Pro.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I know this thread is a few years old. I can not get either cameras to respond they power on for a second then shut down. the installation does not begin and i have no live feed or controls of the camera. I am almost positive the firmwares are the issue. i downgraded my rc to 1.6.0 in hopes i would get some where afterwards but no luck. any help would be much appreciated as i have been at this for three days now.

This thread is VERY old. There have been many newer threads on this.

It sounds like you purchased a defective Inspire 1 setup. Both cameras sound like they have either firmware or mechanical problems. If the cameras go limp on startup, your only option if you cannot do a forced upgrade (look up Donnie's video) is to send the cameras into DJI for repair.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop