Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Carbon Fiber Wheeled Case for DJI Inspire

Reaction score
"Pilots, Thou shall have vanity." says the drone God...
"If you got a carbon fiber bird, you should have carbon fiber cage for it." Says our engineer at Bestem.

Blade Runner - Carbon Fiber Wheeled Case for Inspire 1. Pair it with our Inpire backpack, you'll have a system. We'll fine tune it then it's off to our carbon fiber shop. Hopefully we'll have it in 8 weeks, so hold on to your money!

Reactions: johnmont250
Looks cool but no good for me I'm afraid...... International baggage handlers will smash that to piece's in 30 seconds. Carbon fiber is brittle...... Brittle and airline travel do not make for good friends.
I can only trust Peli.

Looks cool but no good for me I'm afraid...... International baggage handlers will smash that to piece's in 30 seconds. Carbon fiber is brittle...... Brittle and airline travel do not make for good friends.
I can only trust Peli.

with kevlar reinforcement on the back they would have to use a bazooka. but hey the god says it's all about vanity!

would be interested for local car travel. Can you show us interior pic's. seem to recall from another thread that the Inspire is stored in Landing Mode.

yes the first thing i wanted to do w/ the storage case is so I don't have to retract the legs. so we came up w/ a backpack. this case will be a protecting cover for the backpack. with the volume we do in carbon fiber motorcycle parts, we can make the carbon shell at a very reasonable price. Gopro and tradecraft all make great heavy duty cases, i just wanted something easy to carry and look badass.

Good stuff, looking forward to the finished backpack!....hopefully I can then travel with it on my motorcycle:)

Great CAD work! What are you using?

solidworks all the way, it's really amazing software if you spent time on it. we got a wiz-kid from Ga Tech doing all the designs.
all I have to do is just point fingers :D

solidworks all the way, it's really amazing software if you spent time on it. we got a wiz-kid from Ga Tech doing all the designs.
all I have to do is just point fingers :D

Sweet and thanks. Does that software also pump out the spec for sending it in to production?

Are you friggen serious I have to have it amazing is this a for sure thing
-ETA
-roughly price point
I was actually going to order in the next day or two a case but....
It can wait

Sweet and thanks. Does that software also pump out the spec for sending it in to production?

yes it does it all. it's been the industry leader for the last 10 years. if you define material properties it'll also simulate stress test. if you plugin HSMworks it'll do CNC toolpath. it's not capable doing weather forecast, yet...

Are you friggen serious I have to have it amazing is this a for sure thing
-ETA
-roughly price point
I was actually going to order in the next day or two a case but....
It can wait

Another 8 weeks or so, that's the normal turnaround time.
I should have a good guess on the price next week, it's up to the mold makers...

I need this case! So is it stored in landing position with camera in?? Only problem is I'm in New Zealand. Put me on the list, once priced up with approx shipping! Awesome design

+ Solidworks can give you Force Analysis and Fluid simulation. The company made this software for jet design.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips