Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Cardan's screw broke

Reaction score
Hi
Hi everyone,
I have an inspire 1, and fell to the ground, during the fall the plastic screw of the cardan shaft has been damaged.
the pen indicates the broken plastic screw, detached from the above part.

Can you tell me how I can fix it without buying the original piece?

the jimball works, but as if he had lost the settings, could you give me a guide?
thank you all for your helpcardanic Screw.jpg

yea that piece is almost impossible to find alone. most come with the center frame. try searching Ebay or local craigslist for someone selling parts. and also replacing it is not too easy.

you need to remove the nose, lower vision sensor, lower body and gimbal plate. then theres a plate held in place with 3 torx screws removing those and the center worm screw can be removed

For a while we had a number of damaged Inspire 1s - and I am not sure if we sold them to a client already or just boxed them up. I am looking for an n-core for someone and if I run across this piece I will let you know.

Good luck with it!

what I'm looking for is not the screw or the pin, but the female that goes around the pin.
I think I'll have to try to build it somehow, because the whole piece costs a lot. has anyone ever done it with a 3D printer?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool