Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5 gimbal cover required

Reaction score
HI all

I removed my X5 camera to do some cleaning and I noticed that the plastic gimbal cover had become detached. I have no idea what would cause the three screw covers to have broken, leaving the cover free. I can only surmise that the screws were over-torqued during construction (it's a fairly new machine). I've asked the retailer whether they would be able to provide another cover under warranty, but they say that the whole camera would have to go in for a warranty claim.

I really can't afford to have the camera away for a long period, so was rather hoping I might be able to source one from the group. Does someone have a broken X5 that they might be able to cannibalise the cover off? I'll attach a couple of pics.

Thanks

Mike

Attachments

• IMG_1828.jpg
    IMG_1828.jpg
    642.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1829.jpg
    IMG_1829.jpg
    812.5 KB · Views: 26
You could remove the broken mount pieces and Super Glue them back on, then gently re torque the screws. It might be a temp fix till a proper replacement part comes available

You could remove the broken mount pieces and Super Glue them back on, then gently re torque the screws. It might be a temp fix till a proper replacement part comes available
Good idea, Ed. I'll give that a try. As you say, a temp fix, and I'll also tape it up tight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markus_Walker77