Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Cendence controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am contemplating purchasing the Cendence for my Inspire 2. I am not sure of the patch purpose and IF it will fly without problems if I don't use the patch. So:
  1. What is the purpose of the Cendence patch?
  2. Will the Cendence work well without the patch?
  3. What has been the satisfaction with the use of the Cendence?
Thank you,
Bob

Reactions: nick_inarc
I am contemplating purchasing the Cendence for my Inspire 2. I am not sure of the patch purpose and IF it will fly without problems if I don't use the patch. So:
Thank you,
Bob

Please have a try with the search function - this has been covered numerous times previously.
The patch antenna is directional - the Omni antennas are not.

eg.....

or,

There are many other similar threads....

Thank you,
Bob
Even though this has been discussed broadly in the past I would only say this:
I would only use Cendence with patch, since the design of how the wires are attached internally to the antenna ports might lead to the wires to break off as a result of the twisting forces applied on them by frequent turning of the omni sticks from transport to bunny ears position. My Cendence suffered from this and was replaced by DJI under warranty even though it was out by a few weeks.
Cendence is a great tool if you need the extra convenience of having all the functions you might need for your work at your fingers tips. With patch attached it gets quite heavy though and you might look at a good lanyard or use the supplied DJI harness which I find to be a bit cumbersome.
Patch is a directional antenna so you would need to make sure that it is facing the drone when flying. But it is not a "laser beam", so the sector it covers is fairly wide and broad and even if you turn away for a brief moment you won't loose connection.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phillip DeVore
Even though this has been discussed broadly in the past I would only say this:
I would only use Cendence with patch, since the design of how the wires are attached internally to the antenna ports might lead to the wires to break off as a result of the twisting forces applied on them by frequent turning of the omni sticks from transport to bunny ears position. My Cendence suffered from this and was replaced by DJI under warranty even though it was out by a few weeks.
Cendence is a great tool if you need the extra convenience of having all the functions you might need for your work at your fingers tips. With patch attached it gets quite heavy though and you might look at a good lanyard or use the supplied DJI harness which I find to be a bit cumbersome.
Patch is a directional antenna so you would need to make sure that it is facing the drone when flying. But it is not a "laser beam", so the sector it covers is fairly wide and broad and even if you turn away for a brief moment you won't loose connection.

Thank you for this insight. It just seems very clumsy and bulky. So, without the patch will it maintain a signal at at lease the same distant as the controller that comes with the Inspire 2?? Is the patch designed to give you distance beyond the original equipped controller?

Thank you for this insight. It just seems very clumsy and bulky. So, without the patch will it maintain a signal at at lease the same distant as the controller that comes with the Inspire 2?? Is the patch designed to give you distance beyond the original equipped controller?
I believe that the claimed range with sticks is the same as standard controller, with patch it is a bit more and it suppose to be more solid overall especially for video feed. I only fly in VLS, so the range is not an issue for me and I can not confirm if patch helps in that regard or not. I love the customization and that I do not need to touch the screen so much to assign various functions in flight, in fact hardly at all..

Last edited:
I have both standard and Cendence controllers, and I can't say that Cendence is offering any distance advantage when used with omni antennas. Patch antenna may render longer, more reliable transmission range when correctly aimed, but nothing radical. Most likely the battery flight range limitations will kick in first anyway.The accessibility of assignable image control buttons and knobs is where Cendence shines, indeed. In my style of slow paced landscape video/photography I've minimal use of these features, but action filmmakers may take the advantage better.

I believe that the claimed range with sticks is the same as standard controller, with patch it is a bit more and it suppose to be more solid overall especially for video feed. I only fly in VLS, so the range is not an issue for me and I can not confirm if patch helps in that regard or not. I love the customization and that I do not need to touch the screen so much to assign various functions in flight, in fact hardly at all..
Thank you for the comments. I went ahead and bought it today.
Bob

I have both standard and Cendence controllers, and I can't say that Cendence is offering any distance advantage when used with omni antennas. Patch antenna may render longer, more reliable transmission range when correctly aimed, but nothing radical. Most likely the battery flight range limitations will kick in first anyway.The accessibility of assignable image control buttons and knobs is where Cendence shines, indeed. In my style of slow paced landscape video/photography I've minimal use of these features, but action filmmakers may take the advantage better.
Bob

Bob
Congrats! I am sure that once you get used to it and program the buttons to suit your needs, you will love it. Just remember that you do not have to assign functions to all buttons just because you can. Use them wisely to make your flying and shooting easier, not more complicated?

Congrats! I am sure that once you get used to it and program the buttons to suit your needs, you will love it. Just remember that you do not have to assign functions to all buttons just because you can. Use them wisely to make your flying and shooting easier, not more complicated?

Thank you for the words of wisdom, are you sure you don't know me? I tend to overdue things on occasion. I also bought the Inspire 2 Part 51 TB50 Intelligent Battery Station. Hopefully it will help me to get some good life out of my batteries.

Thank you for the words of wisdom, are you sure you don't know me? I tend to overdue things on occasion. I also bought the Inspire 2 Part 51 TB50 Intelligent Battery Station. Hopefully it will help me to get some good life out of my batteries.
?? we might have met in our previous lifes.. Anyway, enjoy your new toys!!

• Haha
Reactions: H&S Ranch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nickolas74