Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Cendence Master Controller - Inspire Slave

Reaction score
Hi People,
About to purchase an Inspire 2.
With a Cendence master controller, am I able to use the stock Inspire controller as the slave/camera operator or do I need identical controllers?
Thanks

Hi Craig, welcome to the forum. Good question, it is not a problem and a very typical setup to was a Cendence as your master an and I2 remote as your slave of vice versa. Either can be used in either role and have their benefits for serving as the slave or master.

Don’t hesitate to reach out with any further questions. We are here to help and if we can assist in putting together the necessary Inspire 2 bundle for you drop us a line, PM, or email. Enjoy the I2 and safe flying!

Reactions: boefinator
Thank you for the response. That has sorted that issue out.
I'm in Australia which makes purchasing tricky in the sense or warranty and servicing, unless you can set me on the right path

Reactions: Advexure
Thank you for the response. That has sorted that issue out.
I'm in Australia which makes purchasing tricky in the sense or warranty and servicing, unless you can set me on the right path

You bet. We’ve worked with Rise Above in Sydney with one of our local clients who was shooting a doc in Australia and they were a pleasure to work with and are recommended as a reputable DJI partner. Cheers!

Thanks - They're in Sydney, My local DJI dealer in Melbourne is the same price to them for everything. It appears I can't buy from the U.S. and save dollars on DJI. Cant see why everything costs much more than currency conversion and shipping costs. A middle man somewhere is making easy money.

Do you ship to OZ?

I just bought the Cendence along with a CrystalSky monitor to do exactly what you are doing. I'll be using the Cendence as the master and the stock remote as the slave. Everything seems to be working as expected, but I'll know more after this weekend. I'm involved with a short film where they want all drone shots done over the weekend. I'll be using the master to fly and the camera operator will be using the slave.

The only quirks I have found so far are:

When the slave controller is in use, the person operating the camera can only get to camera settings (iso, shutter, etc.) by touching the screen and adjusting through the go app manually. It's kind of a bummer since you can control these settings via the wheels when the stock controller is in master mode.

I had to unprogram the c2 button on the slave that used to control the FPV screen. Even in slave mode, if it is pressed, it toggles the FPV on the slave AND the master. Easy fix though.

We have an upcoming shot where where the focus needs to be changed manually twice during the shot. Since the slave has no focus controls other than the slider on the screen, I'll probably have to pull focus from the master. Not the end of the world, but it will be interesting. I suppose this issue is resolved if I buy another Cendence.

Good luck!

thanks for that and looking forward to hearing of your experience of shooting. Just got to ask though, if the Cendence was the slave, does it lose all camera control too and then has to run of the app? Because my thinking is that the camera operator would have the Cendence for better camera control rather than the other way around.

Reactions: Storyworks
thanks for that and looking forward to hearing of your experience of shooting. Just got to ask though, if the Cendence was the slave, does it lose all camera control too and then has to run of the app? Because my thinking is that the camera operator would have the Cendence for better camera control rather than the other way around.
The Cendence works great as the slave. In my case, I'm just being selfish because I want to use the Cendence while I control the bird. I can already see where this is going - two Cendence controllers in the very near future!

I'll update after the shoot is done this weekend.

The only glitch I’ve found is that with the 16mm lens, x7 and cendence you lose manual focus control with the cendence knob.
Went to dealer and we swapped out all components individually and got the same result. All latest firmwares. The second we put the 24,35 or 50 focus control went back to norm

Reactions: Mr Mister
Since the slave has no focus controls other than the slider on the screen, I'll probably have to pull focus from the master. Not the end of the world, but it will be interesting. I suppose this issue is resolved if I buy another Cendence.

Good luck!

From experience, you will be much better off buying a DJI Focus Wheel 2, than a second Cendence (although combining both for the Camera Op would be a nice luxury). The FW2 is FAR superior to pulling focus than the focus knob on the Cendence. In particular, when you first turn the focus knob on the Cendence, the lens is set to near/far focus, so whatever the lens was set to is reset and that causes a momentary loss of focus...very bad if in the middle of a shot. The FW2 does not do that. Also, the granularity of the Cendence focus knob is really coarse, so a tiny turn makes a huge difference...really hard to hit a focus mark with.

We have been having a great deal of luck with the pilot on Cendence, and CamOp on I2 RC with FW2.

The only glitch I’ve found is that with the 16mm lens, x7 and cendence you lose manual focus control with the cendence knob.
Went to dealer and we swapped out all components individually and got the same result. All latest firmwares. The second we put the 24,35 or 50 focus control went back to norm

Ha! So glad, in a twisted way, to learn that I am not alone in experiencing this problem. Good news is that the Focus Wheel 2 works perfectly with the 16mm.

From experience, you will be much better off buying a DJI Focus Wheel 2, than a second Cendence (although combining both for the Camera Op would be a nice luxury). The FW2 is FAR superior to pulling focus than the focus knob on the Cendence. In particular, when you first turn the focus knob on the Cendence, the lens is set to near/far focus, so whatever the lens was set to is reset and that causes a momentary loss of focus...very bad if in the middle of a shot. The FW2 does not do that. Also, the granularity of the Cendence focus knob is really coarse, so a tiny turn makes a huge difference...really hard to hit a focus mark with.

We have been having a great deal of luck with the pilot on Cendence, and CamOp on I2 RC with FW2.
This is great information. I'll look into the focus wheel. Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool