Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Cendence problems.

Reaction score
I'm having problems with a brand-new Cendence remote. The first issue I noticed is that the forward speed in P mode and in sport mode is drastically reduced. I un-paired the remote and re-paired the original controller and and the aircraft flies normally. I Re-paired the Cendence and the aircraft once again flies very slowly. I have tried calibrating the remote and I made sure it's in the correct mode. I also did a hard reset of the DJI go app.
I cannot understand why this thing is acting so funny.

Not locked into some tripod mode or some weird EXP setting on the Cendence remote with a lot of sundry button possibilites? Or is the VPS turned off in the stock RC which gives a faster speed?

I would suggest going back in to the settings and checking everything out. I had to do that when I got mine. New, they automatically default to beginner mode.

I checked every single setting possible I did a complete back-to-back check with the original controller versus the Cendence controller. The top speed I can obtain in P mode is about 18 miles an hour and in sport mode about 38 miles an hour. With the Cendence controller the Aircraft this accelerates a normally but then the aircraft slows its rate of acceleration down rapidly much differently than the original controller.

Have you tried recalibrating the remote? Mine was flying super slow first time I linked the Cendence until I did this.

Reactions: Mahdi
Have you resolved this ? A few people have had this over the last week or so with Cendence and CS and we still have not worked out what is going on as it just seems to get resolved by one of the below.

If not try a few things.

Make sure everything is up-to date on cendence .

Try another smart device and test

As stated calibrate the sticks on Cendence but make sure you also move the top two gimbal knobs in the Calibration process too as they need to be done as well but it’s not highlighted in the UI.

Next test it while moving the two sliders on either side of the RC and see if it makes a difference.

Finally , if it’s no better rebind the standard RC and test it, If it’s fine rebind Cendence and test again.

Let us know.

I've seen some issues reported in various places that have been down to a wheel/slider on the cedence being set to control the pitch angle/speed. Seems that People have initially interpreted it as being camera pitch, but that it's actually setting the maximum pitch of the aircraft - limiting the pitch angle limits the max speed the aircraft will attain. Check & see if yours is set to something like that, if it is, then up the max pitch speed and hopefully you'll get some performance back.

Just got an I2 with Cendence and Crystalsky. Different problems than yours but nothing but problems. Button assignment issues, going to full screen map view and no way back, pressing C1 and the screen goes completely black and more.

Hi Guys, I have the same issue with my inspire2, crystal sky, cendence.
Calibrated my cendence, tomorrow morning I’ll try again . Please keep me informed if you find any solutions.

Take the Crystalsky out of the equation entirely and use another devise like iPad. Do the Cendence calibration with the iPad. Also, check your exp and sensitivity settings using the iPad. Check button assignments using iPad and make any changes with iPad. Fly it with iPad and let us know. Using Android op sys design for Crystalsky was a mistake.

Sliders on Cendence do not work. DJI has not made them functional yet.

Last edited:
I'm having a similar issue with my Cendence controller. In Master mode the aircraft will only move forward, backward, or sideways up to 4 mph. I've tried re-calibrating. The sticks each go to 100% but only one gimbal dial is responsive to calibration. The bottom pitch dials aren't responsive to calibration either. I've checked all of the modes / settings I can find. It's almost like it's stuck in "Tripod" or beginner mode, but it's not in those modes. When I use the Cendence as a slave it works propery. The standard controller also works fine with no issues. Ideas?

FWIW, I have a new Inspire 2, with a Cendence, Crystal Sky, etc...the whole nine. After doing some firmware updates, my max speed was reduced to @ 10-12mph. I've reinstalled updates, checked settings, etc. I consider myself to be somewhat experienced. Had lots of birds over the years, and do this stuff professionally, but I'm glad to report that what NickU said above was exactly right. It was me. Not the bird. The "wheels" on the sides of the cendence control max pitch, and therefore max speed. Not sure yet just which side it was, L or R, because I was screaming like a 5 year old schoolgirl when I realized it was fixed, and ran right in to "report" that NickU's assertion was correct.

I suppose my biggest heartburn is that my documents say those 2 controls are for future use, or similar, and don't have any purpose. Well, brother, lemme tell you...they do. Maybe purpose is the wrong word. They have functions assigned, intentional or not. So, if "those" do "that," then what else do we not know...is my only point. I realize this thread was multi-faceted, but this might help someone who runs across it.

@mbm155, it could be calibration - again I've seen reports from people doing stick and dial calibration that say that various dials don't appear in the calibration display.... but that you still need to rotate the other dials and sliders between their min & max positions as the calibration still picks up values from them even if it doesn't say so on the display!

@Jason O'Brien, glad you got sorted.

It seems as though there's still some way to go before DJI get everything sorted with the Cedence, DjI Go 4, and the Inspire 2!

@mbm155, it could be calibration - again I've seen reports from people doing stick and dial calibration that say that various dials don't appear in the calibration display.... but that you still need to rotate the other dials and sliders between their min & max positions as the calibration still picks up values from them even if it doesn't say so on the display!

It seems as though there's still some way to go before DJI get everything sorted with the Cedence, DjI Go 4, and the Inspire 2!
Indeed, as for now we are all mostly experimenting with various documented or not features of Cendence/CrystalSky. Since troubleshooting is nowhere to find, most of knowledge is gained with hit'n'miss approach, incidental discoveries etc. Here's another good example: Cendence beep-beep-beep-beep-beep ... SOLVED!

So I posted my issue on another thread and someone asked about my settings for my side dials. I recalled that they were undefined but I decided to take another look. Low and behold the right dial was set to "Exp & Gain Sensitivity". Needless to say problem solved... Rookie mistake. I'd suggest if others are having similar issues to take a good hard look at your control settings again.

Flew today and the side sliders have started working!

It’s really handy to be able to flick between ‘normal’ flight speeds and ‘cinematic’ slow speeds to quickly :)

That’s the first smile that this £1,800 this pile of crystcendensky junk has bought to my face in months!

Reactions: Dr. Ifly Drones
The Cendence RC is a great example of reinventing the wheel. DJI got to where they are by making UAVs simple and easy to use and part of that was making the RC as simple as possible by getting rid of a million switches and buttons. Noobs loved that and they became the dominant force in UAVs. They bring out more sophisticated airframes that pros want and they complain about having to navigate pages of dropdown menus to get to what they need. So, DJI recreates the 16 channel Futaba as the Cendence and randomly distributes buttons and switches on a non-ergonomic heavy slab of kit and the song starts all over again.

Reactions: utcinema
The Cendence RC is a great example of reinventing the wheel. DJI got to where they are by making UAVs simple and easy to use and part of that was making the RC as simple as possible by getting rid of a million switches and buttons. Noobs loved that and they became the dominant force in UAVs. They bring out more sophisticated airframes that pros want and they complain about having to navigate pages of dropdown menus to get to what they need. So, DJI recreates the 16 channel Futaba as the Cendence and randomly distributes buttons and switches on a non-ergonomic heavy slab of kit and the song starts all over again.
Agree, to a degree. Cendence seems to be tailored to a particular DJI products rather than to be an general purpose controller. There's no drop-down menus nightmare actually. Once you set the buttons to your particular needs, it's done. In my case having dedicated knob for focusing was a deciding factor, future co-operation with Tracktenna aside.

Agree, to a degree. Cendence seems to be tailored to a particular DJI products rather than to be an general purpose controller. There's no drop-down menus nightmare actually. Once you set the buttons to your particular needs, it's done. In my case having dedicated knob for focusing was a deciding factor, future co-operation with Tracktenna aside.
I agree with you. My point was that while a better solution for some (and I'm one of those folks also) it remains a typical DJI "mashup" of development and deployment. Yes, for pros and the serious hobbyist, the Cendence is a workable solution. But, you get it with all it's warts and worries.

Indeed, as for now we are all mostly experimenting with various documented or not features of Cendence/CrystalSky. Since troubleshooting is nowhere to find, most of knowledge is gained with hit'n'miss approach, incidental discoveries etc. Here's another good example: Cendence beep-beep-beep-beep-beep ... SOLVED!
Dear Friends: Having been on discussions with many professional pilots, it is well documented that there are a lot of functions within the Inspire2 and Cendence that are simply unknown. The DJI culture has the engineers pitted against one another.. and while an engineer may re-write firmware adding a function there is no attempt to document their work. i discovered a simple issue with the LED light, blinking slowly, one blink yellow followed slowly by 7 green blinks. repeating constantly....I learned thru this forum it was only indicating I was approaching a restricted zone....which I had FAA approval but no where is that specific squence of LED lights mentioned....wudda been nice than having me spend 2 hours hunting for others with the same experience or wondering during flight if the I2 was gonna bail on me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry