Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Centre spindle removal - Inspire 1 - SOLVED with Instructions

Reaction score
SOLVED - SEE NEXT POST

Is it possible to remove the centre spindle that is part of the centre landing gear assembly motor without removing the entire mechanism? I read on another forum post that you can just take the camera plate and the bottom off the Inspire and then the screw comes out?...

I need to get to this part in order to fix this little piece....

Many thanks for your help

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 12.46.50.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 12.46.50.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Reactions: oldcomputech
Is it possible to remove the centre spindle that is part of the centre landing gear assembly motor without removing the entire mechanism? I read on another forum post that you can just take the camera plate and the bottom off the Inspire and then the screw comes out?...

I need to get to this part in order to fix this little piece....

Many thanks for your help

You will have to purchase a complete center frame assembly, around 135$ give or take on fleabay. You can remove that part out of the bird via the bottom, you have to remove three torx screws and the bearing plate for it to drop it down from the servo on top.

Reactions: InspireEagle
INSTRUCTIONS OF HOW TO REPLACE THE CENTRE BOLT OR COLLAR OF THE LANDING GEAR

Thanks guys. They used to sell the collar on it's own but they don't any longer. A new landing gear assembly is GB£109 from China so have gone with that option.

Just for information for anyone that is attempting this.

1. Take the camera plate off followed by front nose cone (don't forget the two screws to the front cone under the camera plate.
2. Unscrew the star shaped screws on the bottom of the Inspire
3 Undo the two top screws each site of the white plastic side diagonal arms which join the top to the bottom
3. Unscrew the VPS sensor with three screws. Slide the back of an eating knife under to unclip the plug out of the sensor
4. Take the rear metal plate off the back with the four screws.
5. The bottom plate now unsticks at the back gently easing it off.
6. When the bottom comes off you will see the main landing gear bolt. Take the little plate off with three screws and you'll see a nut underneath of it. Undo the nut und then unscrew the bolt... Hey presto, you now have access to the bolt and the collar.

Note, The collar on the V1 and V2 are considerably different. The V1 appears to be much thicker and better built from first sight than the V2 collar but don't quote me on that. The V2 is lighter. The V2 is in the shape of a Y and the V1 is like a digital U ( I_I ). They are both interchangeable.

Finally putting it back together.... Reverse the steps but unplug the other end of the VPS sensor lead which is the other side of where the battery sits. Now plug the lead in to the sensor and thread it back through the hole of the bottom and with a pair of tweezers or small pliers plug it back in.... It's a bit tricky but just be calm and patient with a steady hand.

Total time : Allow 1 hr to strip it down, and around 30 mins to put it back together. Second time will be under half an hour! There are about half a dozen different torque screws so make sure you get the right one for each screw. I methodically stuck each set of screws to a piece of paper and labeled each set so not to lose any pieces...

Good luck! By the way, the above is original, it was my way of doing it. I can't see any other faster way but if there is one then let me know...

The Image shows the V1 collar in situe, the V2 collar loose

Attachments

• IMG_4449.JPG
    IMG_4449.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 42
Reactions: Roadblock
INSTRUCTIONS OF HOW TO REPLACE THE CENTRE BOLT OR COLLAR OF THE LANDING GEAR

Thanks guys. They used to sell the collar on it's own but they don't any longer. A new landing gear assembly is GB£109 from China so have gone with that option.

Just for information for anyone that is attempting this.

1. Take the camera plate off followed by front nose cone (don't forget the two screws to the front cone under the camera plate.
2. ....

Good luck! By the way, the above is original, it was my way of doing it. I can't see any other faster way but if there is one then let me know...

The Image shows the V1 collar in situe, the V2 collar loose

Thanks for the great write-up BYMG. Did you replace the whole centre frame or just the spindle?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela