Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Change Aircraft Name

I would also like to know. Plus it show's I own five other inspire 1's? 2 pairs of them have the same serial numbers and they both are different than my actual inspire 1's serial. wtf

Looks like we're in a bad spot.

Me: Have you been brought up to speed, or do you need me to tell you my issue?
dji: im following give me a second
Me: ok
dji: i have know your problem already
dji: but.
dji: it is a pity to tell that , the name of plane can' t change
Me: Wait. This craft's name cannot be changed? It's a $3,000+ device and there's no option to change the name?
dji: so sorry for that
Me: Sigh. Please tell whoever will listen that a customer "made a mistake" in naming their Inspire and would like the option to change it.
dji: i will

Not that it helps you but it could be a security thing. I know we have our serial numbers but it is a bit easier to recognize a name. A bit like a license plate over a vin. If I see someone with your quad I can beat em up for you :cool:.

Reactions: sirnikolas
Me: Wait. This craft's name cannot be changed? It's a $3,000+ device and there's no option to change the name?
You've got probably the most advanced RC aircraft / aerial photography tool there is, and you go all crazy about a stupid name?? :eek:

See, works both ways :p

If I was in the developing department and received such a message I'd just remove the name feature, you don't need that anyway. Problem solved ;)

Not that it helps you but it could be a security thing. I know we have our serial numbers but it is a bit easier to recognize a name. A bit like a license plate over a vin. If I see someone with your quad I can beat em up for you :cool:.
I'd like to change my I1 name though. Named it "Name's Inspire 1" and the ' turned out to be x0027 or something.. so the name is: Namex0027s Inspire 1.

Not a big deal, but didn't go as intended. :p

In the long run we should be able to change it through our DJI Profile.

Yeah, same here. In my pilot profile it shows I have 4 inspire's (all same serial number). Not a major issue, but still would be go to clean it up.

The issue is not so much the name but the wrong serial number. My App shows something completely different from the actual number of the craft.
The log keeping is one the advertised features of the Inspire, and may well come into importance in case of accidents and insurance claims. So this information has to be accurate.
I would also like to know where the cloud data are stored and how to access them. My data are screwed up as the show 70 flights when synchronizing with the cloud, wher in reality I had only 37 flights. This number shows after clearing all cached flights. Re-synchronize shows again 70 flights. So clearly the cloud database is not working right.
I am soooo tired of being a Beta Tester for expensive products!!!

Your Friendly Neighborhood Moderator

:D

Yeah, kinda silly that the friendly name can't be changed, but that's not that big of a deal...
If it makes anyone feel any better about their silly names, here is my quick story lol....

When I got my Inspire, a buddy of mine told me that I should name it "Pedobear1". I thought that was pretty funny, so I proceeded to do so.. Then to my surprise, I could not change it..

For anyone out there that does not know what Pedobear is, a quick search will inform you, and then you will laugh at my story ;) lol

Yeah, kinda silly that the friendly name can't be changed, but that's not that big of a deal...
If it makes anyone feel any better about their silly names, here is my quick story lol....

When I got my Inspire, a buddy of mine told me that I should name it "Pedobear1". I thought that was pretty funny, so I proceeded to do so.. Then to my surprise, I could not change it..

For anyone out there that does not know what Pedobear is, a quick search will inform you, and then you will laugh at my story ;) lol

Sitting and edits and receive an email notication.
I was about to choke! LOL

I'm in a different quandry.

I bought a "for parts / repair" inspire off EBay for a massively reduced fee, as the owner had dropped the Gimbal and claimed the entire copter on the insurance, so I got the copter from the insurance company.

Problem is.... It is registered and named to someone else, and DJI Germany said there is nothing they can do, and suggested I speak to China directly.

Hasn't DJI thought that the copter 'may' change hands and the registration should be changed accordingly.

My **** flight log keeps showing the previous owners name on the copter......

BTW, all that was wrong was the pins in the gimbal connection was slightly mashed and a little bit of careful manipulation with a scalpel has saved me £1200

Btw, not a newbie, had 15 years flying copters.

On the dji front I own a phantom 1, phantom 2 and now the inspire 1

Looking at selling the phantom 1 and 2 as having over 12 copters in the house is now upsetting my wife. Especially when she realised how much I spent on the phantom 2.... I'm in the bad book in a major way...

Btw, not a newbie, had 15 years flying copters.

On the dji front I own a phantom 1, phantom 2 and now the inspire 1

Looking at selling the phantom 1 and 2 as having over 12 copters in the house is now upsetting my wife. Especially when she realised how much I spent on the phantom 2.... I'm in the bad book in a major way...

You are not alone.. ;)

I have spent about $ 14,000 for the last 1 1/2 years on drones. But my wife just asking if I know what I'm doing ..

Of course I do. :)

Anyone who has a hobby know that it costs.
It does not matter if it's drones, motorcycles, cars, computers or horses.
I´m in drones and computers.. not good when you have two expensive hobbys...
On the good side, I make money on my drones.

Reactions: Bigdz
Ouch... That is not nice to hear from you other half.

My wife knows what I'm doing in the air, it's the credit card part she's annoyed with :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44